Job Description Information About this Position
Company and Job Overview
- 2 - 12 hour shifts; block schedule
- Weekend Rotation as Required by Department
- Holiday Rotation as Required by Department
- Up to $7,500 Sign-On Bonus Eligible
- Modified Self-Scheduling in 6-week periods
- Benefits start on 1st of following month after start date
Missouri Baptist Medical Center, an acute care hospital in St. Louis County, offers a full continuum of medical and surgical services, including heart care, cancer, women and infants, breast health, gastrointestinal, orthopedic, stroke, therapy, wound and pain management services. The hospital has a 24-hour adult emergency department and cares for pediatric patients at a separate emergency department in collaboration with St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
Missouri Baptist is the first and only hospital in St. Louis County to be named a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). The prestigious designation is the highest credential a health care organization can receive for nursing excellence and quality patient care. This recognition has been accomplished by less than nine percent of hospitals nationwide. Additionally, U.S. News & World Report ranked the hospital #2 in the St. Louis metro area.
The Emergency Department Nurse provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of emergency nursing care.
- Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
- Responsible for prioritizing medical and mental health care for various levels of acuities. Quickly recognize and effectively treat life-threatening conditions while rapidly prioritizing and delivering appropriate care.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of emergency nursing care and patient's age-specific needs.. Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Acts as patient advocate. Demonstrates competence and critical thinking skills to assess and evaluate physical, psychosocial and emotional needs of all patients.
- Understands the unique learning needs of patients and families. Educates patients and their families on disease process, management of illness/injury/treatment, support resources, infection prevention techniques and preparation for next transition of care.
- Must maintain competency and actively participates in training to be prepared for emergency response. Provides direct care during disasters, crisis intervention and response. Collaborate with community first responders to develop, implement and evaluate preparedness strategies.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's
- 2-5 years experience
- RN license
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- ENPC (Emergency Nurse Pediatric Course) certification
- CEN (Certified Emergency Nurse) certification
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer