Providence is calling a RN Fellow - Medical Unit West (0.9 FTE, Nights) to Providence Saint Vincent Medical Center in Portland , OR.
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text message with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse Fellow (RN) - Medical Unit West that will provide professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment; accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan; and practice in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implements and evaluates patients’ care
- Develop, update and coordinate the patient’s plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate
- Perform and maintain currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitate formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community
- Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems, and integrate evidence, and best practice into nursing care; use data and evidence to improve patient outcomes
- Align patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes
- Engage in ongoing professional development; practice to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards
- Promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrate and disseminate research and evidence based practice
- Lead and coordinate teams, appropriately delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge, model professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession
Required qualification in this position includes:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing -OR- higher within three (3) years of hire
- A RN with twenty (20) years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Unencumbered RN license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered
- If RN holds a multistate license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies:
- American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider),
- American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), -OR-
- Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider) upon hire
- One (1) year nursing experience but new to specialty of hire
Preferred qualification in this position includes:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- National Certification in Medical Unit West
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Req ID: 316876