- Sign-on Bonus offered!
Company and Job Overview
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is the St. Louis region’s top adult hospital. Formed from the merger of the former Barnes and Jewish Hospitals to become Missouri’s largest hospital, it continues the traditions of its predecessors along with its partner, Washington University School of Medicine, in providing cutting-edge treatments, educating future medical professionals and working to make our community as healthy as it can be.
For over two decades Barnes-Jewish Hospital has been ranked on the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals Honor Roll. In 2021, Barnes-Jewish ranked 17th overall with 11 specialties being ranked. The hospital was also the first hospital in Missouri to be designated as a Magnet® hospital in 2003 by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for excellence in nursing and has been redesignated consistently since.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is a teaching hospital staffed by more than 1,500 Washington University Physicians, the clinical practice for the Washington University School of medicine. The academic medicine partnership has developed many treatments and procedures that are now common across the globe.
The Assistant Nurse Manager provides administrative support to Nurse Managers and direct reports. This includes coordinating patient care, performance management of direct reports, equipment purchasing/management, and statistical accumulation.
- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to: hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance, conducts professional development plans. Ensures that the productivity and actions of that group meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership.
- May participate in the development of departmental staffing, revenue and/or expense budgets and having direct responsibility for adhering to those goals. This includes responding to changes in the business which may affect the ability to achieve the budget goals.
- Provides and oversees patient care according to planned interventions with regard to their age and developmental needs to attain the patient's optimal level of wellness and documents according to policy.
- Creates and ensures implementation of a collaborative plan of care based on assessment, diagnosis and medical treatment.
- May support the review of staff hours worked vs scheduled hours and determine appropriate disposition if variation exists. Perform and approve daily payroll updates. Reconcile time cards, bonus tracking and coding approval. Prepare, coordinate and execute all staff communications; prepare huddle agendas and lead meeting. Determine staffing needs; make nursing assignments as well as assign overtime. Recommend effective annual increases. Interview staff for open positions; evaluate and conduct performance reviews as assigned; draft and issue corrective actions/coaching; follow up regarding any disciplinary action to determine compliance.
- Responsible for staff productivity and the overall operational goals of the department as established by department leadership. Conducts performance evaluations and makes recommendations on areas of improvement if needed.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's - Nursing
- 2-5 years of experience
- RN License
- Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
- 5-10 years of experience
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer