Company and Job Overview
Missouri Baptist Medical Center, an acute care hospital in St. Louis County, offers a full continuum of medical and surgical services, including heart care, cancer, women and infants, breast health, gastrointestinal, orthopedic, stroke, therapy, wound and pain management services. The hospital has a 24-hour adult emergency department and cares for pediatric patients at a separate emergency department in collaboration with St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
Missouri Baptist is the first and only hospital in St. Louis County to be named a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). The prestigious designation is the highest credential a health care organization can receive for nursing excellence and quality patient care. This recognition has been accomplished by less than nine percent of hospitals nationwide. Additionally, U.S. News & World Report ranked the hospital #2 in the St. Louis metro area.
Provides direct patient care to support the licensed professional nurses responsible for a team of patients to ensure a safe environment for patients by reducing risk of harm. Collects vital information on the patient and reports such to the nursing team which contributes to the overall assessment of each patient and any changes to a patient's condition.
- Implements direct patient care under the supervision of the nurse, promoting patient and family centered care in a healing environment. Administers or assists patients with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs), performs vital signs, intake & output, fall and pressure ulcer prevention measures, urinary catheter care, phlebotomy, or point of care testing as requested.
- Collects clinical data and information on patients, and reports changes in patient status to the nurse.
- Assists nurse with patient and family education. Documents all patient care activities provided with correct medical terminology. Acts as 1:1 patient safety sitter as necessary.
- Ensures availability of supplies and equipment to meet each patient's needs.
- Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Certified Nurse Assistant
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer