- CSO: Part of BJC's Central Staffing Office
- Specialty Pay
- $30.00 CSO Differential
- Eligible for $15,000 Sign On Bonus
Company and Job Overview
BJC Corporate Health Services comprises several organizations that share a dedication to creating and maintaining healthy workplaces. Serving hundreds of area employers as well as BJC HealthCare, BJC Corporate Health Services specializes in improving worker health, safety and productivity and reducing costs associated with work-related illness/injury and absenteeism.
A BJC Central Staffing Office nurse will be required to float to 12 BJC Healthcare Hospitals within their Medical and Surgical Units (M/S) (Alton Memorial Hospital, Barnes Jewish Hospital, Barnes Jewish West County Hospital, Christian Hospital, Memorial Hospital Belleville, Memorial Hospital East, Missouri Baptist Medical Center, Missouri Baptist Medical Center – Sullivan, Parkland Health Center, Barnes Jewish St. Peters Hospital and Progress West Hospital and St. Louis Children’s Hospital). This position will provide direct patient care activities including assessment/evaluation, diagnosis and plan implementation to the general nursing floor based on nursing expertise and certification/licensure.
The role will provide a variety of experiences and the opportunity to expand nursing skills through caring for various patients with different conditions and treatment plans while building professional relationships across the BJC Healthcare system. The team member must be flexible, adaptable, and resourceful, have a strong confidence in nursing practice and promote exceptional patient and family centered care.
- Participates in activities that promote safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development and life long learning.
- Uses standards of medical-surgical nursing practice to increase the quality of care and quality of life for the patient, family, and significant other(s) by systematically evaluating the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice. Establishes effective relationships and serves as an advocate to facilitate the development of the care plan unique to the patient’s care needs. Uses the nursing process and evidence based practice to develop and implement the plan of care, collect assessment data for each patient, determine appropriate nursing diagnoses, identify expected patient outcomes, determine the plan of care, implement interventions, and evaluate patient outcomes. Develops assessment and management strategies based on a consideration of the physical, functional, cultural, social, economic, developmental, spiritual, vocational, and leisure dimensions of human responses to actual and potential health problems.
- Utilizes leadership skills by advocating, coordinating and collaborating with the patient, family, significant others and members of the interprofessional team in assessing needs, planning interventions, providing care, and evaluating outcomes. Uses effective leadership skills to foster a healthy work environment within the practice setting by serving as a mentor and role model for nursing colleagues, students, and others.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and scientific knowledge in health care to medical-surgical nursing practice, ensuring that nursing care is delivered based on patient’s age-specific needs and clinical needs as described in the department’s scope of service.
- Utilizes effective communication to participate with the patient, family, significant other(s), and other health care providers in collaborative decision making that reflects the understanding that care should be culturally sensitive, ethical, legal, holistic, informed, compassionate, and humane, and within the boundaries of available economic resources. Educates the patient, family, and significant other(s) about measures that promote, maintain, and restore health or promote comfort.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Nursing Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing
- 2-5 years Experience
- RN License
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- 5-10 years Experience
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer