- PRN Schedule
- Non-Benefits Eligible
- Uniform Allowance
- 12 Hour Shifts
- 6:45 a.m.- 7:15 p.m.
Company and Job Overview
Memorial Hospital Belleville is an acute care hospital offering medical and surgical services plus critical and emergency care including Children’s at Memorial for pediatric emergency care. It provides patients a full complement of diagnostic and treatment services as well as heart and vascular care. Memorial, offering medical and surgical services plus critical care, is an accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care and is designated as an Acute Stroke Ready Hospital by the Illinois Department of Public Health. In addition, Memorial Belleville recently was accredited by the American College of Radiology as a designated Lung Cancer Screening Center.
Since 2008, it has been designated as a Magnet®-recognized organization for nursing excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Provides direct patient care activities including assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation, and evaluation within the guidelines of the standards of critical care nursing to patients who require a high level of clinical expertise.
- Provides care to acutely and critically ill patients in a highly technical and ongoing monitoring environment. These patients are facing life-threatening problems with varying needs, which require extensive medication protocols and therapies. Educates patients and their families on disease process, management of illness/injury/treatment, support resources, infection prevention techniques, and essential daily tasks to prepare for next transition of care.
- Demonstrates competency in evaluating intensive care patients, administering care, recognizing complications and coordinating with other members of the critical care team. Strives for excellence in patient care; keeps patients safe from adverse events. Seeks learning and teaching opportunities in an effort to further develop and perfect skills and improve overall quality of care. Participates in activities that promote patient safety, quality and regulatory compliance. Participates in professional development.
- Develops, implements, and revises individual plans of care in collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care.
- Evaluates patient's response to complex critical treatment modalities and modifies plan of care accordingly throughout the patient's stay. Demonstrates expertise and critical thinking skills to assess and evaluate patient's/family's physical, psychosocial and emotional needs Demonstrates ability to promote positive interpersonal relationships in patient/family-centered environment.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Nursing Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing
- 2-5 years of experience
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Critical Care Nurse (CCRN)
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer