Piedmont Heart Institute Physicians - Lawrenceville, Georgia
Performs a variety of patient care activities in accordance with established standards and practice.
1. Triage incoming telephone calls; responds to questions regarding medications and treatment instructions; coordinates telephone request to refill prescription drug medications in accordance with physician’s directions and protocols.
2. Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with clinical nursing standards; observes, records, and reports patient’s condition; advises physician of patient’s adverse reactions to drugs and/or treatments.
3. Provides patient education and teaching under the direction of a physician; answers questions regarding diagnostic testing and treatment.
4. Dresses wounds according to standard clinical procedures.
5. Administers and monitors IV fluids and medications as necessary.
6. Performs MA duties as indicated (see MA III job description).
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of a nursing program
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
State of Georgia Licensure as a registered nurse required. AHA BLS certification required.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.