Piedmont Atlanta Hospital - Atlanta, Georgia
Responsible for strategy, planning, directing, and execution of all Perioperative Services initiatives to include operational efficiency, Quality/Safety/Service (QSS), workforce planning and development, budget and financial performance, physician/staff engagement, and strategic growth. Provides leadership to ensure successful development and execution of strategies within Perioperative Services that align with PHC purpose, vision, and values. Employs and advocates for resources needed to ensure implementation of best practices and integration of sustainable solutions.
1. Responsible for quality of care, volume targets, employee retention, productivity and all departmental metrics for Perioperative Services departments.
2. Provide oversight for, coaching of, and development of the Perioperative Services leadership team
3. Meet the strategic growth goals set forth as the referral, quaternary center for Piedmont Healthcare
4. Provide operational oversight for operating rooms, multiple complex specialties/sub-specialties, 380 employees and 270 surgeons
5. Develop business cases, capital requests and financial projections for strategic priorities, to include service line growth and development
6. Collaborate with and build strong, effective partnerships with physician stakeholders
7. Identify, analyze, and implement effective strategies to address volume opportunities and ensure ongoing stability of existing business and strategic partnerships
8. In partnership with hospital executive leadership, monitor the local market for trends, opportunities, threats, etc. related to business development and formulate recommendations to mitigate risk
9. Develop and implement effective processes and procedures to ensure high-quality clinical outcomes and high-quality patient/employee/physician experience
10. Drive continuous focus on stewardship through efficiency, profitability, and strategic growth
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Skill and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in-writing.
• Skill and ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to work as a member of a team.
• Skill and ability in Microsoft Office applications.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or another related field required. Master’s degree strongly preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Ten (10) years of relevant healthcare experience is required, three (3) of which must be in Perioperative Services leadership.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current License in the State of Georgia as a Registered Nurse or NLC/eNLC Multistate License is required for anyone with a nursing degree.
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.