$10,000 sign on bonus for a 2 year commitment. Relocation assistance available per UVA relocation policy. For additional information please contact Teri Rainey at 434-326-6150 or at email@example.com.
An experienced and highly skilled clinician. Utilizes an interdisciplinary approach to patient care service delivery across the continuum of care. Manages care and implements treatment plans at a highly developed skill level in collaboration with patients, their families, physicians and other members of the health care team. Exhibits leadership characteristics consistently and autonomously. Is learning to negotiate the health care system to maximize the delivery of quality care and to minimize cost of patient care services.
This job description integrates the ANA 2015 Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, Third Edition and the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements (ANA, 2015), and the UVA Nursing Professional Practice Model.
ANA Scope and Standards of Practice definition of nursing:
Nursing is the protection, promotion, and optimization of health and abilities, prevention of illness and injury, facilitation of healing, alleviation of suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response, and advocacy in the care of individuals, families, groups, communities and populations.
- Relationship Based Care - Self and Colleagues: reflects the influence of the nurse’s relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience.
- Relationship Based Care - Patients and Families: reflects the influence of the nurse’s relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience.
- Expert Caring: encompasses clinical assessment, planning, prioritizing, coordinating and implementation of care.
- Empowered Leaders: demonstrate knowledge of and actively participate in shared governance.
- Lifelong Learners: encompasses professional development through formal education, professional certification, internal and external learning opportunities and recognizes the value of external professional organizations. Supports onboarding of new team members and precepts as applicable. Has achieved and maintains national specialty certification. Maintains membership in an external professional healthcare organization.
- Quality Achievement: includes adherence to clinical documentation guidelines, comprehension of outcomes data, engagement in performance improvement activities and commitment to standard work.
- Innovation: is demonstrated by application of technologies that support patient care, actively seeking to implement evidence based practice and new knowledge generated by nursing research.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Position Compensation Range: $30.65 - $50.57 Hourly
Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing from accredited nursing program.
Experience: 2 year of relevant experience.
Licensure: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently traveling and bending/stooping. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
COVID Vaccination Requirement
Due to the scope of President Biden’s Executive Order 14042 issued in early September, all University employees, including remote employees, must receive their final vaccination dose by January 4, 2022, unless they have a University-approved religious or medical exemption. The University has updated policy SEC-045 to reflect these new requirements.
If hired by the Academic Division, excluding School of Medicine, School of Nursing, UVA Physicians Group, and the Health Systems Library, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or be willing to be vaccinated by January 4, 2022. Academic employees may apply for a University-approved medical or religious exemption.
Note: Some medical and safety-sensitive positions require vaccination and are not eligible for an exemption. For more information on how vaccination requirements will apply to you, please visit the UVA New Hire Vaccination Requirements webpage.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.