We are looking for an Advice Line Registered Nurse with $5,000 Sign-On Bonus for the Nurse Advice Line Department at Heritage Healthcare.
Location: Brea, CA
Work Schedule: Part time - 48 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Evenings
Under the direction of the Supervisor/Manager, this position is responsible for triaging incoming calls, assessing needs and providing appropriate healthcare options including facilitating referral to primary providers, health care facilities and community resources. In addition, this position will be responsible for educating the caller regarding immediate health care advice, possible health related risks, as well as wellness/prevention behaviors and opportunities
- Answer telephone inquiries regarding caller and/or patient needs.
- Conduct and complete nursing assessment from which primary and secondary symptoms are derived.
- Document all communications for medico-legal and statistical purposes by performing data entry at the time of inquiry.
- Record significant health, allergy and medication history and functional capabilities.
- Offer health care options following established guidelines.
- Recommend preventive health promotions/services available.
- Referral to primary providers, health care facilities and community resources.
- Maintain confidentiality of all communications.
- Understand the requirements for appropriate triaging of calls, assessing needs and providing appropriate health care options including facilitating referral to primary providers, health care facilities, and community resources.
- Provide care management which includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Health care advice per established guidelines and protocol.
- Medical and pharmaceutical information.
- Identify health risks and wellness opportunities.
- Assist in the referral and investigation of quality and risk management issues. Demonstrate understanding of patient rights/confidentiality and legal and ethical issues pertaining to them.
- Assist in the development of protocols.
- Assist in identification of learning needs regarding the ability of the nurse advice line to assist in other areas of the multidisciplinary staff on the health care team and participate in development and implementation of in-services and resource materials to promote education.
- Cross-reference calls to community resources, health class and/or physician referral, as appropriate.
- Conduct outbound calls, as requested.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served, including knowledge of principles of growth and development and psychosocial characteristics and interventions for infant (0-1 year), child (1-5 years), school age (6-12 years), adolescent (13-17 years), young adult (18-45 years), middle adult (46-60 years), and older adult (60+ years) as well clinical knowledge to understand disease process and discharge planning.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications including Word and Excel, in addition to email system.
- Ability to access and evaluate community resources to meet patient’s needs.
- Knowledge of physical and psychological characteristics of illness and medical terminology.
- Knowledge of age related developmental stages and needs.
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure due to changing priorities, interruptions, high and low census, payor demands and discharge planning demands.
- Ability to demonstrate leadership skills in facilitating constructive change.
- Bilingual English/Spanish communication skills.
Minimum Position Requeirements:
Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Case management or acute care experience in a healthcare setting.
- 2 years Acute or ambulatory nursing experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Current RN License State of California.
- Active CPR Certificate.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- 2 years Case management or acute care experience in a healthcare setting.
- 7 years Acute or ambulatory nursing experience.
Mission Heritage Medical Group is one of California's most respected medical groups. With over 3,000 employees and 75 locations throughout California, including, Northern California, Orange County, High Desert and Los Angeles County, Mission Heritage Medical Group has been continually recognized as a leader in quality, customer service and information technology. This kind of success is the result of team work, a commitment to excellence and a strong adherence to the organization's mission, vision and values. Mission Heritage Medical Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Heritage Medical Group complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: Heritage Healthcare
Category: Advice Nursing
Req ID: R343595