Providence is calling a RN Home Health, Contract - Home Health West Portland (0.6 FTE, Days) to Providence Home Services Oregon in Portland, OR.
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text message with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Home Health, Contract - Home Health West Portland that will be under the direction of the Home Health Clinical Supervision and on order of the physician, is accountable for direct and indirect quality care for patients of all ages, according to the individualized needs of the patient, following the nursing process and in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act. Professional development is an integral part of this nursing practice. Position coordinates patient care activities with other members of the health care team in a collegial relationship.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Initiate, develop, and update the plan of care in accordance with the physician and other health professionals
- Teach and counsel the patient and caregivers regarding nursing care and other related problems of the patient in the home
- Maintains patient clinical records via computer to meet state, federal and other regulatory body standards
- Manage a caseload of patients as assigned by the supervisor that includes patients requiring a broad spectrum of care, who reside in a variety of environments and in a wide geographical area.
- Provide quality patient care while meeting productivity standard
- Assign, provide written instruction and supervise the Home Health Aides, LPNs and others providing patient care
- Perform procedures and treatments according to accepted department standards
- Maintain an adequate knowledge base involving care of the terminally ill, including pain and symptom management, bereavement, principles of ethical care, hospice philosophy, community resources, Medicare, and reimbursement
- Be responsible to learn and maintain current knowledge base of payor and department reimbursement requirements and processes, per Home Health policy, works assigned hours including rotating through weekend shifts and after hours call
- Work assigned hours including rotating through weekend shifts and after hours call
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Education to meet certification, license or registration requirement
- Current Oregon RN license
- Staff that provide service in the state of Washington require WA state nursing license
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider) or ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) required within 30 days of hire
- Valid driver's license
- Driving record consistent with GOP Safe Driving Policy 330 Incident Point Matrix at time of hire
- In compliance with the Providence Health & Services-OR, criminal background check is required for this position, based on assigned dutie
- One (1) year Medical/surgical experience in an acute care setting
- Two (2) years experience in acute care or community mental health setting for Mental Health RN work assignment
Preferred qualifications for this position includes:
- Recent Home Health experience
- Hospice -OR- Palliative Care experience for Palliative Care RN work assignment
- Point of Care experience
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Home Health Nursing
Req ID: 313482