Providence is calling a Licensed Vocational Nurse ( LVN) - Home Health (full time/day shift) to Providence Little Company of Mary Home Health.
This position will provide coverage for Santa Monica and the surrounding westside areas.
Please upload a current resume reflecting all relevant experience.
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with additional questions from our MODERN HIRE system.
We are seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse ( LVN) - Home Health who will provide skilled nursing care within the scope of the LVN/LPN Nurse Practice Act. Provide patient care in the home environment primarily to young, middle, and older adults.
In this position you will:
- Evaluate Home Health patient each visit for chief complaint, health care status, and other pertinent information, including cultural, psychosocial and spiritual considerations and communicate findings to MD, RN, Nursing Supervisor as appropriate
- Provide patient/family/caretaker instruction regarding nursing care, medications, diet, treatments and appropriate instruction to optimize self-care and to ensure safety
- Patient advocate: listen to, evaluate and act on complaints, needs, problems, and suggestions of patients, families, physicians and others. Provide patient/family/caregiver with DHS Complaint Hot Line number 100% of the time
- Practice according to LVN Nurse Practice Act and utilizes the code for nurses established by the American Nurses’ Association as a guide for ethical decision making process
- Continually evaluate the clients and family’s responses to intervention in order to determine progress toward goal attainment and to provide those services requiring substantial specialized nursing care
- Initiate and maintain a liaison relationship with all appropriate health care providers to assure that all efforts effectively compliment one another Assist with coordination of all services
- Documentation/Information Management:
- All applicable paperwork will be turned in within 48 hours
- Time card is correct, complete and signed when turned in every two weeks
- As assigned, assists with orientation of new LVN staff
- In conjunction with RN, manage and coordinate care for assigned patients with other disciplines as appropriate
- Assume responsibility and accountability for own professional growth and practice. This includes maintaining current licensure and completing all required in-service education
- Attend all assigned staff development activities for department including a minimum attendance of 75% at all scheduled work time staff meetings
- Participate in/conducts in-service education, as requested
- Performance Improvement:
- Participate as requested in agency Improving Organizational Performance activities
- Promote use of the agency C.A.R.E. methodology in problem solving
- Follow Core Value for being Financially Prudent
- Meet productivity standards
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Sufficient for license
- California LVN license
- Current Basic Life Support certification
- Maintains a valid driver’s license with no excessive violations or accidents
- Meets the minimum state requirement for auto insurance
- 1 year experience as an LVN
- Requires the ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative (service-oriented) working relationship with patients, families and co-workers
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 6 months experience in home care
- IV certification
About the hospital you will serve.
As an integral part of the respected Providence Health & Services for over 25 years, our highly skilled healthcare professionals provide a full range of home health and clinical specialty programs to patients experiencing an illness, hospitalization or surgery or, for those receiving treatment for a chronic or acute illness. Providence Home Health embraces everyone from new mothers and their babies to the elderly with chronic health problems.
Our team of health care professionals starts with the patient and his or her physician and may include: registered nurses; certified home health aides; social workers; physical, occupational and speech therapists. Our specialty care includes patient assessment and monitoring; beside protime monitoring; IV therapy; total parenteral nutrition; gastric feeding tube (G-Tube) for long-term enteral nutrition; V.A.C. therapy used to promote healing in acute or chronic wounds, fight infection and enhance healing of burns; pain management; injections; and ostomy management. From same-day referrals and a smooth transition from hospital to home, to attentive follow-up and communication with your own doctor, we provide care and support for you every step of the way to help restore your health to its fullest potential. Our goal is to equip our patients with the education and resources needed to regain and maintain good health.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Home Health Nursing
Other Location(s): California-Santa Monica, California-Pacific Palisades, California-Marina Del Rey
Req ID: 308811