APPLY TODAY! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with additional questions from our Modern Hire Virtual Interviewing System.
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) in Surgery (Full time/Day Shift) to our Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) in Surgery who will provide professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. Practice in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice. Do Key functions and specific skills for the job are found in the unit specific on-boarding checklist and in standards that are applicable to the specialty.
In this position you will:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patients’ care Develop, update and coordinate the patient’s plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate
- Perform and maintain currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitates formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community
- Be accountable for safety, identifies and corrects problems, and integrates evidence, and best practice into nursing care; uses data and evidence to improve patient outcomes. Aligns patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes
- Engage in ongoing professional development; practices to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards
- Promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice
- Lead and coordinate teams, appropriately delegates, coordinates care and collaborates with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge
- Model professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- All Registered Nurses (RN) without a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) must obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher within three (3) years of hire
- A RN with twenty (20) years of RN experience will not be needed to obtain a BSN
- Unencumbered RN license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered
- If RN holds a multi-state license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies:
- American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (BLS Provider) upon hire
- One (1) year acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at Providence St. Joseph Medical Center
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- National Certification in area of specialty
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Burbank, CA, is a 392-bed acute care facility founded over 75 years ago by the Sisters of Providence. Known for our state-of-the-art technology and high quality, compassionate care, we provide the full range of diagnostic, treatment, care and support services for the San Fernando Valley communities.
We provide many specialized services and treatment capabilities. Our Heart and Vascular center delivers care with one of Los Angeles County's first STEMI designated receiving centers for heart attack victims. The Hycy and Howard Hill Neuroscience Institute, which supports our Certified Comprehensive Stroke Center, continues to grow inpatient and outpatient programs addressing stroke, Parkinson’s, and brain tumors. Maternal Child Health Services, including a level 3 NICU, support whole family care with 24/7 on site labor support and community education. The Roy and Patricia Disney Family Cancer Center, a comprehensive, state-of-the-art, patient-centered, treatment facility. Our cancer center includes some of the most advanced technology in radiation oncology, highly advanced medical and surgical oncology providers, excellent clinical outcomes and research, and all patient support services are housed in the same building. Our exceptional orthopedic program has recognized for its excellent outcomes and clinical expertise. Our Bariatric Program, a leader and resource for those dealing with obesity in Southern California, received a Five-Star Rating for Bariatric Surgery. In the fall of 2022 we will open our brand new, state-of-the-art Emergency Department which will triple our capacity to care for the community in their time of greatest need.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Surgical Services (Intraop)
Req ID: 299705