Providence is calling a RN - Home Health Services (0.6 FTE, Days) to Providence Medford Medical Center in Medford, OR.
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text message with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) - Home Health Services to be under the direction of the Home Health Clinical Supervisor and on order of the physician, is accountable for direct and indirect quality care for patients of all ages, according to the individualized needs of the patient, following the nursing process and in accordance with the Oregon State Board of Nurse Practice Act. Accepts professional development as an integral part of nursing practice. Coordinates patient care activities with other members of the health care team in a collegial relationship. Upholds the standards of confidentiality, attendance and punctuality
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- In accordance with the physicians referral order, make the initial visit to the patient in their place of residence
- Utilize the nursing process, assesses patient status, intervenes appropriately, and evaluates patient response
- Confer with physicians and other professionals to develop and maintain the Treatment Plan and Plan of Care
- Submit to the physician the total treatment plan for review and a patients nursing care plan and progress report as often as severity demands, but at least every 60 days
- Maintain patient clinical records in accordance with regulatory standards
- Perform procedures and treatments according to accepted department and professional standards
- Teach, supervise, and counsel the patient and caregivers regarding nursing care and other related problems of the patient in the home
- Assign, provides written instruction and supervises the Home Health Aide and appropriately delegates tasks to patient caregivers
- Coordinate care through interdisciplinary conferencing among all services involved on a case-by-case basis
- Manage an assigned patient caseload that includes patients requiring a broad spectrum of care, who reside in a variety of environments, and may reside in a wide geographical area, unless assigned to provide care to unassigned patient visits
- Be responsible to learn and maintain current knowledge base of payor and department reimbursement requirements and processes
- Meet or exceed department productivity standard as defined in the Home Health policy by practicing good organizational and time management skills
- Per Home Health policy, works assigned hours including rotating through weekend shifts and after hours call
- Maintain professional expertise through attending mandatory department in-services and satisfactorily performing skills competencies
- Participate in the Continuous Quality Assurance process as defined in the department CQI plan
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Valid Oregon nursing license
- Current Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification
- One (1) year Medical/surgical experience in an acute care setting required for Home Health RN
- Two (2) years Pediatric experience in an acute care setting for RN caring for pediatric patient
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Home Health Nursing
Req ID: 308242