Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) in Intensive Care Unit (Full Time/Day Shift) to Providence Little Company Of Mary San Pedro Hospital in San Pedro, CA.
$20,000 Sign-On Bonus Eligible to External Candidates!
Please upload a current resume reflecting all relevant experience.
Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with additional questions from our MODERN HIRE system.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) in Intensive Care Unit who will provide professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. Practice in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patients’ care
- Develop, update and coordinate the patient’s plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate
- Perform and maintain currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitate formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community
- Accountable for safety, identify and correct problems, and integrate evidence, and best practice into nursing care; uses data and evidence to improve patient outcomes
- Align patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes
- Engage in ongoing professional development; practice to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards
- Promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice
- Lead and coordinate teams, appropriately delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge
- Model professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher within three (3) years of hire or equivalent educ/experience
- A RN with twenty (20) years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Current RN license for the State of California
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies:
- American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider),
- American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), - or-
- Military Training Network (MTN) – (BLS Provider) upon hire
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) upon hire
- Current National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) upon hire
- One (1) year acute care experience working with the patient population similar to Intensive Care Unit - or- completion of the specialty residency located at Providence Little Company Of Mary San Pedro Hospital
- Proficiency with Information Technology; such as electronic health records, communications systems, computers and equipment necessary to perform essential functions of the position
- Skilled to work with a wide range of staff as part of an interdisciplinary team including physicians, nurses, and ancillary staff
- Able to use independent, critical judgment in all aspects of patient care delivery
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills that convey a positive and supportive attitude
- Able to effectively manage multiple responsibilities, urgent responses, and challenging situations
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing upon hire
- National Certification in Intensive Care Unit
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 259-bed nonprofit hospital that has served the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. Our Medical Center offers a comprehensive array of medical and surgical services each distinguished by innovation, quality and excellence in its respective area. We received the CHART “Certificate of Excellence” for receiving superior or above average results across the majority of outcomes and process measures publicly reported by CHART. We ranked in the top 21 among more than 240 hospitals throughout the state compared by California Healthcare Foundation, and were the first location in the South Bay to carry the Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. As a member of Providence, we are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core values – to embrace compassion, dignity, justice, excellence and integrity. Providence today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Critical Care Nursing
Location: California-San Pedro
Req ID: 303974