Apply today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with additional questions from our MODERN HIRE screen/interview system.
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) in Labor & Delivery (Full Time/Night Shift) to Providence Little Company Of Mary Torrance Hospital in Torrance, CA.
This position is eligible for $12,500 sign-on bonus for external candidates
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) in Labor & Delivery who will provide professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. Practice in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice. Key functions and specific skills for the job are found in the unit specific onboarding checklist and in standards that are applicable to the specialty.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Employ Nursing Professional Practice: Assesses, diagnoses, plans, implements and evaluates patients’ care. Develops, updates and coordinates the patient’s plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate. Performs and maintains currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served
- Advocate: Effectively advocates for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve
- Facilitate Learning: Fosters a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitates formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community
- Align Practice with Safety and Quality: Accountable for safety, identifies and corrects problems, and integrates evidence, and best practice into nursing care; uses data and evidence to improve patient outcomes. Aligns patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes
- Engage in Professional Development: Engages in ongoing professional development; practices to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards. Promotes a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice
- Lead in the Practice Setting & Community: Leads and coordinates teams, appropriately delegates, coordinates care and collaborates with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge. Models professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher within 3 years of hire Or equivalent education/experience
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Unencumbered RN license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multi-state license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies:
- American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (BLS Provider) upon hire
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) upon hire
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) upon hire
- One (1) year acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at Providence Little Company Of Mary Torrance Hospital
- Proficiency with Information Technology; such as electronic health records, communications systems, computers and equipment necessary to perform essential functions of the position
- Skilled to work with a wide range of staff as part of an interdisciplinary team including physicians, nurses, and ancillary staff
- Ability to use independent, critical judgment in all aspects of patient care delivery
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills that convey a positive and supportive attitude
- Ability to effectively manage multiple responsibilities, urgent responses, and challenging situations
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing upon hire
- National Certification in area of specialty
- At least 3 years of acute care L&D experience
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital that has served the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We have a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology while providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women’s and Children’s Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care. We are proud to be named one of the Top 50 U.S. Hospitals for Heart Care by Thomson Reuters, the only community hospital in California to receive this honor. We were one of five hospitals in the United States recognized by American Hospital Association-McKesson for leadership and innovation in quality improvement. We received The Choice Award by AAHCP for Outstanding Customer Service Delivery, and were one of 24 hospitals and health systems in the nation to receive the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance. As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person, and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Labor & Delivery/Obstetric Nursing
Req ID: 302214