$1,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Providence is calling a Certified Home Health Aide - Hospice (Full Time/Day Shift) to Providence TrinityCare Hospice in Cerritos CA.
We are seeking a Certified Home Health Aide - Hospice who will work under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and the Continuous Care Clinical Supervisor. The Continuous Care Hospice CHHA will perform various services for a patient as is necessary to meet the patient's personal needs and to promote comfort following the CHHA plan of care developed by the registered nurse in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team/group (IDG). The Continuous Care Hospice Certified Home Health Aide will be responsible for observing the patient, reporting these observations and documenting observations and care performed. The Continuous Care Hospice Certified Home Health Aide will be assigned to provide continuous nursing care to the patient during times of medical crisis, as directed in the Plan of Care, in a manner that promotes the quality, continuity and safety of a patient's care. The Continuous Care Certified Home Health Aide will be available for a minimum of 16 hours a week for continuous care assignments. May provide care to premature infants, infants, pediatrics, adolescents, young, middle and young adults.
In this position you will:
- Perform personal care needs after given a patient assignment and attend to the patient’s requests promptly. If unable to perform a certain task, report to the RN Case Manager immediately
- Meet safety needs of patient and use equipment safely and properly (foot stools, side rails, oxygen, etc.)
- Give personal care including baths, back rubs, oral hygiene and shampoos in accordance with the CHHA Plan of care
- Change bed linen as often as assigned
- Assist in dressing and undressing patients as assigned
- Plan and prepare nutritious meals as assigned
- Assist in feeding the patient as assigned
- Take and record oral, rectal and axillary temperatures, pulse, respiration and blood pressure when ordered with appropriate completed/demonstrated skills competency
- Provide proper care and observation of patient’s skin to prevent breakdown of tissue over bony prominences
- Report on patient’s condition and significant changes to the RN Case Manager. Is aware of the caregiver or other individuals living with the patient and interpersonal issues
- Assist in ambulation and exercise as instructed by the RN Case Manager in the CHHA Plan of care
- Offer and assist with bedpans and urinals as assigned
- Keep patient’s living area clean and orderly as assigned
- Respect patient/family/caregiver environment and patient’s personal needs
- Adhere to the organization’s documentation and care procedures and standards of personal and professional conduct
- Maintain productivity standards set by organization guidelines
- Documentation / Information Management:
- Provide accurate and hourly documentation of patient care services given that to reflect the Plan of Care
- Submit documentation for the patient medical record within the timeframe set by the organization guidelines
- Leadership / Supervision:
- Participate in orientation, education and development of team members as directed by supervisor
- Participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by immediate supervisor
- Accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities
- Performance Improvement:
- Participate in the Performance Improvement Program and participate in and adheres to the PH&S/TrinityCare Hospice Corporate Integrity Plan
- Follow Core Value for being financially prudent
- Meets the training requirements of the State of California: S418.76(a) standard: Hospice aide qualifications:
- Possess and maintains current CPR certification
- Possess and maintain Certified Home Health Aide Certification
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is in good working order and insured in accordance with state and/or LCMHS/TrinityCare Hospice requirements
- 1 year work experience
- Demonstrated ability to read and follow written instructions and document care given
- Understands hospice philosophy and is comfortable providing specialized care to the terminally ill
- Demonstrated self-direction and ability to work with little direct supervision
- Secure with issues of death and dying
- Provides a calm manner when in a patient’s home
- Has empathy for the needs of the ill, injured, frail and impaired
- Demonstrates tact, patient and good personal hygiene
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Demonstrates flexibility in scheduling
About the hospice you will serve.
Providence TrinityCare Hospice, established in 1977, is the oldest and largest non-profit hospice in Southern California and the first to be licensed by the State of California. Caring for people in Los Angeles and Orange Counties with professional teams. Providence TrinityCare Hospice is Medicare Certified and Joint Commission accredited. We also provide the only specialized pediatric hospice service in Los Angeles County.
As the only pediatric hospice in Los Angeles County, Providence TrinityKids Care understands the impact a seriously ill child can have on the life of a family. A specialized division of TrinityCare, TrinityKids Care helps children with life-limiting illnesses leave the hospital in order to spend as much time as possible at home with their families.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Req ID: 314221