APPLY TODAY! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with additional questions from our Modern Hire Virtual Interviewing System.
Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) - Labor and Delivery (PerDiem/On-Call - Night shift) at Providence Tarzana Medical Center in Tarzana, CA.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) - Labor and Delivery who will provide professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. P ractice in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice. Do Key functions and specific skills for the job are found in the unit specific on-boarding checklist and in standards that are applicable to the specialty.
In this position you will:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patients’ care Develop, update and coordinate the patient’s plan of care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes and transitions across the care continuum
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate
- Perform and maintain currency of essential competencies as required by specific area of hire and populations served
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care by partnering in care planning to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students; facilitates formal and informal learning for patient/families, nursing, other members of the healthcare team, and community
- Be accountable for safety, identifies and corrects problems, and integrates evidence, and best practice into nursing care; use data and evidence to improve patient outcomes. Aligns patient safety, self-safety and environmental safety as equally important for best outcomes
- Engage in ongoing professional development; practices to the top of license within the legal parameters of the Nurse Practice Act, the Nursing Social Policy Statement, the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses, and specialty standards
- Promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice
- Lead and coordinate teams, appropriately delegates, coordinates care and collaborates with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge
- Model professional behaviors as a representative of the nursing profession
Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- All Registered Nurses (RN) without a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) must obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher within three (3) years of hire
- A RN with twenty (20) years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Unencumbered RN license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered
- If RN holds a multi-state license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies:
- American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider),
- American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), - or-
- Military Training Network (MTN) – (BLS Provider) upon hire
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) upon hire
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) upon hire
- One (1) year of acute care experience working with the patient population similar to Labor & Delivery or completion of the specialty residency located at Providence Tarzana Medical Center
- Proficiency with Information Technology; such as electronic health records, communications systems, computers and equipment necessary to perform essential functions of the position
- Skilled to work with a wide range of staff as part of an interdisciplinary team including physicians, nurses, and ancillary staff
- Able to use independent, critical judgment in all aspects of patient care delivery
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills that convey a positive and supportive attitude
- Able to effectively manage multiple responsibilities, urgent responses, and challenging situations
Preferred qualifications for this position includes:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- National Certification in Labor & Delivery
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Tarzana Medical Center is a 245-bed not-for-profit medical center that serves the San Fernando Valley, offering high quality specialty services, including: heart and vascular care, orthopedics, oncology and senior services. Recognizing the special health care needs of women and children, our Women’s Pavilion & Resource Center provides women’s health and maternity care in once central location. The hospital specializes in pediatrics and has one of the largest neonatal intensive care units in the San Fernando Valley. Providence Tarzana has a reputation for clinical excellence and sophisticated technology with a personal touch. Providence Health & Services cares about the people and the lives that we touch each and every day. We are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core-values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. With a rich past reaching back more than 65 years in Southern California, and 150 years in total, Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged - all with an eye toward the future.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Labor & Delivery/Obstetric Nursing
Req ID: 308383