Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
RN - Registered Nurse
Certificate of Prescriptive Authority
Advanced Practice Role
National Certification - Nurse Practitioner
Additional Technical Requirements
- Ability to work in an inter-professional team setting with multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to use computer and electronic medical records effectively.
Refer to Scope of Practice Document and Clinical Responsibilities Checklist for specific requirements of role.
- Basic use of a computer (mouse, keyboard, printer, USB ports).
- Basic use of Microsoft Office (Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations and Skype).
- Web browsing, intranet search, document access.
- Use of shared network file space.
- Basic use of patient facing technology. (e.g. IV pumps, point of care devices, CR monitors).
- Navigation and use of clinical communication systems.
- Determines the nature and extent of clinical information needed and uses the appropriate technology to access it.
- Accesses needed information effectively and efficiently.
- Evaluates information and its sources critically and appropriately incorporates it into clinical practice.
- Evaluates outcomes of the use of information.
Information Management Literacy
- Navigation of the electronic health record system.
- Ability to locate and review specific patient data in various clinical information systems.
- Effectively uses clinical decision support tools.
- Understands policies and procedures, confidentiality, security, and privacy regulations regarding the use of clinical information systems.
- Ability to collect clinical data using quality improvement tools.