Advancing Healthcare Together – The Future of Healthcare is in Topeka Kansas
Why The University of Kansas Health System St. Francis?
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone’s life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. St. Francis Campus is proud to be a part of a long legacy of high-quality, compassionate care. For more than 100 years, the hospital has combined compassionate care with lifesaving technological advancements to our patients and the communities served. Today, the hospital has 378 licensed beds, a history of technological advancements, and a generous and supportive community.
Our St. Francis hospital is seeking an experienced OR Manager for our Surgical Services Department. We are looking for your experience, knowledge and patient care skills in our busy OR where you will be responsible for:
The OR Manager organizes, coordinates, and directs the patient, staff, anesthesia, and physician flow of the surgery department on a day to day basis. Fiscally accountable and involved in quality improvement. Reports to the Director of Surgical Services.
- Responsible for the coordination and execution of the surgery schedule to assure the most efficient utilization of the OR.
- Assigns and monitors utilization of the OR personnel in collaboration with the specialty coordinators.
- Communicates with Anesthesia department to ensure appropriate care assignments are carried out.
- Identifies opportunities for improving outcomes of services and provides solutions related to streamlining processes
in cooperation with other members of the surgical service team.
- Provides input to the Business Manager regarding operational and capital budget requests.
- Allows for regular feedback by performing regular PMI's with staff assigned under Manager's leadership
and departmental staff meetings.
- Collaborates with Human Resources to develop recruitment plans for vacancies including sourcing, advertising
and preferred interview process.
- Takes ownership of own actions and assesses the impact on work performance and relationships.
Now that you have read about what you will be doing and have the experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
The St. Francis Campus is fully accredited by the joint Commission. We also have the following notable accreditations and certifications:
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center Certification
- Inpatient Rehab Stroke Certification
- Chest Pain Accreditation, by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, by the American College of Radiology
- (CoC) Accreditation
St. Francis is an equal opportunity employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).
4 year degree; BSN Preferred.
Current Kansas RN Licensure. Current BLS and ACLS.
Minimum 4 years staff nurse experience
Basic computer skills. Interpersonal and problem-solving skills necessary to facilitate communication.