Registered Nurse Per Diem 1, Gamma Knife, PRN, Days
We are looking for a Registered Nurse PD 1 to join our Gamma Knife team in Albuquerque, NM.
Gamma Knife is an outpatient procedure where a clinical team focuses radiation on benign or cancerous lesion(s) in the brain. As an RN, this role would start with admitting and assessing the patient. The RN would then assist the Neurosurgeon and Radiation Oncologist with framing of the patient and use of conscious sedation. A great candidate for this RN position would be certified in Oncology or have a Neurology background.
Perks of this position include:
- No weekends, call, or holidays
- Flexible hours
- Productivity Driven Department, which means no long days for our RNs
This PRN job is located at Lovelace Medical Center, in the heart of Albuquerque, is an acute care hospital providing comprehensive care, including around-the-clock emergency care, surgical services, non-invasive robotic spine surgery, cardiology, stroke care, radiology and oncology services, including the state’s only Gamma Knife Center for non-invasive radiologic brain surgery.
Registered Nurse Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible and accountable for the practice of Professional Nursing, to include patient care and staff management assigned to the RN in his/her charge.
- May serve in the role of Charge Nurse and is accountable for professional practice.
- Adheres to policies and procedures and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety.
Registered Nurse Education and Experience job Requirements:
- Associate's Degree or Diploma of Nursing
- Desired: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- One (1) year experience
- Valid NM RN License or valid multi-state compact license
- BLS; HIRING DEPARTMENT MAY ALSO REQUIRE ACLS and/or PALS
- Ability to maintain strict patient confidentiality.
- Management skills.
- Strong organization and problem solving skills.
- Works well in a team setting.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
Leapfrog Hospital Safety Top Teaching Hospital, 2020
"A" grade from Leapfrog Hospital ASafety Grade, 2019, Fall 2020
Healthgrades 2020 Specialty Excellence Awards: Pulmonology Care Excellence, 2020; America's 100
Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work, 2016-2019
U.S. News & World Report "Best Hospitals," 2019
Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care, 2019; American's 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention, 2019
American Heart Association/american Stroke Association "Get with the Guidelines" Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Awards, 20212-2019 (Target Honor Roll - Elite Plus, 2019-2021)
American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Target: stroke Honor Roll since 2012
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.