All staff members at Yakima Valley Memorial must be in compliance with the Vaccination Policy, which includes the COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) vaccine, by their first day of employment.
The RN, Compass Care Referral Liaison is responsible for assessing all sources of information to confirm that patient and referring sources’ needs are being appropriately addressed, while ensuring program-specific regulatory guidelines are being met. This validation will include medical records review, communication with direct stakeholders and input from the patient/family. This role is essential in removing barriers to Compass Care referrals and conversion to admissions into the various programs, including Home (outpatient) Hospice, Cottage in the Meadow, Home Health, and Palliative Care.
1. Demonstrates working knowledge of various program guidelines, admission requirements, and regulatory barriers for all end-of-life resources including Home Health, Hospice, and Palliative Care.
2. Works collaboratively with the Patient Access Representatives, Clinical Liaisons, Managers and referral sources to ensure appropriate patient placement and completion of applicable orders/forms.
3. Ensures accurate and timely completion of regulatory and payor-specific forms, authorizations, and other referral/admission criteria.
4. Maintains current knowledge and understanding of diagnosis coding and payment impact.
5. Demonstrates working knowledge of disease specific protocols/order sets to ensure consistent standards of practice, resolving discrepancies as indicated.
6. Proposes alternative treatment courses to ensure a cost effective, efficient and optimal plan of care.
7. Identifies need for, and provides information on, various community resources.
8. Triages patients/cases based on medical records, referral communication and patient interaction.
9. Provides ongoing education to referral sources and staff regarding rules and regulations affecting Compass Care admissions.
10. Works to remove barriers that impede optimal patient care; participates in committees; and works to identify effective processes from referral to admission of Compass Care patients.
11. Assists field staff and Compass Care leadership with HHABN’s for identified patients.
12. Maintains knowledge of program schedules to align referrals with staffing for optimal productivity and revenue generation.
13. Communicates frequently with support staff, field staff and leadership.
14. Maintains competency on all computers systems/software utilized for completion of role responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education: Associate's degree in Nursing required; BSN preferred.
Experience: One year of Hospice, Home Health or Palliative Care experience preferred.
Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Washington State (DOH) Registered Nurse licensure required. American Heart Association BLS required. Valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance required.
Additional Requirements: Cell phone for use during working hours; car for travel to and from home visits during shift required.
Yakima Valley Memorial (YVM) is a 256-bed acute-care, not-for-profit community hospital that has served Central Washington's Yakima Valley for 70 years. YVM also includes a multispecialty team of more than 300 physicians and 20+ primary care and specialty care locations. Specialty care services include cardiac care, a continuum of cancer care, hospice care, and advanced services for children with special health care needs.
We offer a comprehensive benefit plan including medical, dental, and vision coverage; plus we have a generous 401K plan (with an employer contribution!), competitive compensation, and a diverse workforce that is passionate about patient care. At YVM, we know the best care is provided by employees who are well-supported.
As the region’s leading health care provider and Yakima’s largest employer, we believe that by improving health, we will transform Yakima! Our vision at YVM is creating healthy communities one person at a time. With such an important goal, we work together to demonstrate our values of Respect, Accountability, Teamwork, Stewardship, and Innovation for everyone who walks through our doors, patients and coworkers alike. We would love to hear from you!
“Yakima Valley Memorial provides reasonable accommodations to assist qualified individuals in order to perform the essential duties/requirements their job requires. The description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements and serves as merely a summary rather than a complete listing of duties. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions may change as needs evolve. This job description does not constitute a contract as employment is at will.”