We are looking for a Certified Wound Ostomy Nurse for Home Health Indirect at Home Health Network.
Location: Mission Viejo, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
The Certified Wound Ostomy Nurse coordinates and provides care in the home care setting to patients with ostomies, draining wounds, fistulas, pressure ulcers, acute and/or chronic wounds, and incontinence. Patient care will reflect the physician/agency/health system philosophy and high standards of nursing care for patients. The care includes providing hands-on care as well as education to the patient and PCG(s). Instructs nurses, physicians, and other health care team members in the care of patients with ostomies, draining wounds, fistulas, pressure ulcers, acute and/or chronic wounds, and incontinence. Performs related supply management and documentation tasks.
- Documents the full assessment and create a plan of care with accurate orders, diagnosis and projection of visits for all disciplines necessary to support each patient in EHR.
- Performs and documents nursing interventions including patient education according to the Plan of Care and adapts these actions as patient needs change.
- Documentation completed and synchronized/submitted by 10:00 am the following day.
- Documents patient status in an accurate, timely and concise manner by use of EHR in patient home at the time of visit.
- Utilizing the nursing process, initiates assessment, planning, and implementation of care; also instructs nursing personnel in the care of patients with ostomies, draining wounds, fistulas, pressure ulcers, acute and/or chronic wounds, and incontinence.
- Assists physicians in caring for patients with all of the above conditions, in addition to stoma sizing, teaching intermittent catheterization, and consultation.
- Provides comprehensive post-op care to patients and teaching to patients and their PCG(s) regarding care.
- Evaluates, selects, and recommends supplies and equipment for patients with ostomies, draining wounds, fistulas, pressure ulcers, acute and/or chronic wounds and incontinence.
- Documents patient care in accordance with home health standards and state and federal regulations.
- Attends patient care conferences and staff meetings as required; communicates patients’ special needs to appropriate health care team members.
- Serves as a consultant to nursing staff, physicians, and other health care team members related to his/her area of expertise.
- Provides inservice educational programs as needed to nurses, physicians, and other health care team members in cooperation with the Education Director.
- Keeps current in area of expertise by attending professional programs and participating in professional organizations.
- Attends scheduled meetings.
- Completes mandatory in-services by attendance and or designated timeframe.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to prioritize and critically think.
- Good understanding of computer software and can easily adapt to computer programs.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Time management.
- Flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations.
- Demonstrates Values based customer service skills.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
Experience: 1 year Nursing experience.
- Current RN licensure.
- Current Certified Wound Ostomy Nurse (CWON) Licensure.
- Basic Life Support.
- CA Driver’s license.
- Proof of auto insurance.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- 1 year CWOCN (ET) experience.
- 2 years RN experience.
- 1 year Home Health experience.
Licenses/Certifications: Certified Wound Ostomy and Continence Nurse Certification (CWOCN).
Providence Home Care is a trusted leader in home health, hospice and infusion pharmacy, helping clients throughout Orange County, Los Angeles County and the Inland Empire receive the quality care they need in the comfort of their home. We are guided by our core values of compassion, dignity, justice, excellence and integrity in everything we do, and dedicated to restoring the health and well-being of clients and families at all stages of life's journey.
Providence Home Care provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Providence Home Care complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: SJH Home Health Network
Category: Emergency Nursing
Req ID: R341552