We are looking for a Hospice Registered Nurse II for Hospice Direct at Home Health Network.
Location: Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Work Schedule: Part time - 40 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
The Hospice Registered Nurse provides prescribed nursing care service to Hospice patients and their families in a home setting, Respite Care Facility (RCFE) or a skilled nursing facility setting.
- Demonstrate ability to document the full assessment and create a plan of care with accurate orders, diagnosis and projection of visits for all disciplines necessary to support each patient.
- Demonstrate understanding and competency in workflows, problem charting, interventions and accuracy of input by review of POC at each visit.
- Demonstrate understanding of the relationship of clinician schedule and the time log to validate clinician’s day and verify accuracy of hours reported and processed to payroll.
- Demonstrate the ability to gather patient data to enter in the electronic medical record for the QAPI, including vital signs, unusual occurrence reports, ESAS, falls and wound care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in performing baseline-nursing skills. Maintains clinical competencies according to network policies.
- Administers all medications and treatments according to network policy and procedure, accepted standards of care and network guidelines.
- Communicates effectively with patients, families and physicians.
- Performs accurate assessments, develops and implements a written Plan of Care with the patient following physician's orders and according to Hospice guidelines.
- Performs and documents nursing interventions including patient education according to the Plan of Care and adapts these actions as patient needs change.
- Addresses patient needs and problems, nursing intervention and patient response, safety interventions and education and teaching.
- Effectively establishes priorities and delegates responsibilities appropriately when supervising the LVN and the CHHA.
- Participation in interdisciplinary conferences/team meetings as requested by clinical manager.
- Makes visits as scheduled and participates in on-call rotation as required.
- Advanced communication skills (verbal and written).
- Time management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of end of life care.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Education to meet certification, license or registration requirement.
Experience: 1 year Professional nursing experience.
- Current California RN license.
- CA Driver's License.
- Current automobile liability insurance.
- Current Basic Life Support.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience: 1 year Hospice Registered Nurse experience.
Licenses/Certifications: Hospice/Palliative Care Nurse certification.
Providence Home Care is a trusted leader in home health, hospice and infusion pharmacy, helping clients throughout Orange County, Los Angeles County and the Inland Empire receive the quality care they need in the comfort of their home. We are guided by our core values of compassion, dignity, justice, excellence and integrity in everything we do, and dedicated to restoring the health and well-being of clients and families at all stages of life's journey.
Providence Home Care provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Providence Home Care complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Company: SJH Home Health Network
Category: Hospice Nursing
Req ID: R341545