We are looking for a Home Health Registered Nurse II for Home Health Direct at St. Joseph Home Care Network.
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
The Home Health Registered Nurse assesses patients for skilled home health needs, develops and initiates a plan of care with the physician approval and provides nursing care, ordered by the physician to patients in their place of residence. The Home Health Registered Nurse continually re-evaluates the patients nursing needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in performing baseline-nursing skills, including assessment, wound care, catheter care and infusion. Maintains clinical competencies according to agency standards.
- Completes comprehensive assessments, including OASIS items, accurately and timely at specific time-points as defined by regulation and agency policy.
- Develops a plan of care, in collaboration with the patient, family/caregiver and physician orders including frequency and duration of nursing visits, specific care or treatments to be provided, appropriate goals, medications, other disciplines needed and discharge plan.
- Documents the comprehensive assessment and plan of care in the EHR and synchronizes by 10:00AM the following day.
- Implements and provides nursing care, treatment and services according to the plan of care and accepted standards of care, including patient educations and any IV or other medications required to be administered by the nurse.
- Communicates changes in patient status, patient issues and concerns and changes in orders to the Physician, Clinical Manager and Clinical Supervisor according to agency guidelines.
- Practices infection control and universal precautions for self and others in patient care activities.
- Advocate for quality patient outcomes communicating with authorization nurses and community vendors timely.
- Maintains patient rights and dignity. Assures the care of the dying patient, optimizing his/her comfort and dignity.
- Effectively establishes priorities and delegates responsibilities appropriately when supervising the LVN and the CHHA.
- Senior Registered Nurse:
- Facilitates coordinated transitions from orientation program to independence within targeted goals.
- Tracks required orientation progress and provides progress to Clinical Educator and Clinical Leaders.
- Conducts new caregivers’ competency assessment and validates competencies throughout the orientation period.
- Validates the ongoing competencies of current clinical caregivers as directed by the Clinical Educator.
- Reviews Orientation Module content and skills with new caregivers to determine level of understanding and re-educates as necessary.
- Provides patient centered care and coordination of care for a patient population with diverse community-based healthcare needs to include:
- Develops comprehensive and patient-centered plan of care.
- Uses clinical evidence-based protocols and technology as identified by standard scope of practice and disease processes.
- Provides disease specific education and self-management strategies for patients to achieve an optimal patient independence.
- Follows physician ordered plan of care and facilitates changes to the plan of care as needed to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Identifies risk for acute hospitalization and proactively prevents adverse events.
- Coordinates care across the continuum as a patient advocate.
- Provides supervision and care plan development for service line specific disciplines.
- Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings and case conferencing to ensure patient quality care, patient advocacy, utilization and outcomes.
- Makes recommendations related to training and skill development to clinical education team.
- Provides comprehensive and constructive feedback for caregivers.
- Responsible for OASIS and/or review and accuracy.
- Serves in the capacity of Start of Care and or home visits when schedule allows. As such, admits patients to service, completing appropriate clinical documentation under the Clinical Manager's direction. Assesses individual status and care/instruction needed by the patient.
- Conducts supervisory visits as needed.
- Maintains/enhances clinical practice skills by attending, participating in/conducting caregiver development/continuing education programs.
- Instructs and monitors the work of orientees in the aspects of clinical nursing relative to assigned area; educates nursing orientees concerning nursing policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with Educator in planning and structuring orientation program to meet the individual orientees needs; plans daily assignments for orientees.
- Assists Educator in planning, presenting, evaluating and revising the caregiver development activities and nursing policies and procedures.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations; participates as a team-player to support your team and Agency needs.
- Demonstrates customer service skills.
- Senior Registered Nurse: Annual Senior Level competencies to be completed.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Completes necessary education to attain RN Licensure in state of California.
Experience: 1 year Professional nursing experience.
- Current California RN license.
- CA Driver's License.
- Current automobile liability insurance.
- Current Basic Life Support.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- IV and Central lines experience.
- Wound care including use of negative pressure devices.
- Home health field experience.
St. Joseph Home Care Network (SJHCN) is a Home Health ministry of St. Joseph Health, serving three Northern California counties; Humboldt County, Napa County and Sonoma County.
Our networks of compassionate, highly skilled employees are dedicated to putting the patient first to improve the health of individuals and families in our community.
The Home Health caregivers assist in restoring a patient's optimal health and support the family by going into the home and ministering to the physical, psychological and spiritual needs of the patient and family members.
Our home care services are a literal representation of reaching out to our community to care for our dear neighbors.
Company: St. Joseph Home Care Network
Category: Home Health Nursing
Req ID: R340213