Where you work matters! Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Case Manager Relief (Per diem, Day Shift) to work in Case Management - Fh at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA.
The nurse case manager relief coordinates the care and service of selected patient populations through the acute care episode, across the continuum. Works collaboratively with inter-disciplinary teams, both internal and external to the organization, to improve patient care through effective utilization and monitoring of healthcare resources and assumes a leadership role to achieve desired clinical, financial, and resource outcomes.
In this position you will:
- Collaboration: Works collaboratively with patients nurses, social workers, physicians, other practitioners, caregivers and community resources and agencies. The case manager and healthcare team are jointly accountable for measurable outcomes that are cost effective and reflect patient preferences and values. • Contributes to the development of a goal-directed, age-appropriate plan of care through an interdisciplinary team process that is prioritized and based on determined medical diagnosis, patient needs, and expected patient outcomes. • Interacts with patients and physicians to explore the most appropriate setting to meet patient needs.• Collaborates daily with physicians and care team members to support the assessment of continued need for acute care hospitalization.• Participates in the development, implementation, evaluation, and ongoing revision of initiatives to improve quality, continuity, and cost-effectiveness.• Works collaboratively with other departments and services to define and study areas of inefficiency and participates in process improvement projects.• Fosters positive internal and external customer relations.
- Communication: Communicates timely, relevant and accurate information to all parties involved with a patient’s care• Communicates patient needs related to advancing the medical treatment plan and/or discharge plan to appropriate professionals and follows up.• Communicates continually with patients and families, physicians, care team members, and third-party payors to facilitate coordination of clinical activities and to enhance the effect o a seamless transition from one level of care to another across the continuum, including facilitating and participating in patient care conferences.• Communicates with patients and families to ensure understanding of third-party payer guidelines and to arrange referrals. • Provides clear and thorough documentation based on established department standards.
- Facilitation: Facilitates the progression of care by advancing the care plan to achieve desired outcomes.• Develops and documents a discharge plan through collaboration with the interdisciplinary team. • Ensures that all activities to facilitate and coordinate the plan are being implemented and that the plan is continuously modified based on the patient’s changing needs.• Acts as resource and provides oversight for the Case Management Associate for discharge planning and utilization activities
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree Graduate of an accredited Bachelors Nursing degree program. Or
- Coursework/Training Completion of an accredited Nursing program. And
- Bachelor's Degree A health care field.
- 3 years Registered nursing experience in an acute care hospital.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 1 year Hospital case management experience.
About the First Hill Campus.
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Case Management
Work Locations: First Hill Main Bldg (WA145) 747 Broadway Seattle, 98122
Req ID: 310692