Patient Care Coordinator
The Patient Care Coordinator is assigned to specific units and/or populations. The PCC facilitates and coordinates care for all assigned patients to progress the patient and achieve positive clinical and financial outcomes. The PCC collaborates with the physician, nursing, and other health care team members on interventions to promote positive clinical and financial outcomes for the patient and develops and implements a discharge plan for each patient as required. The PCC collaborates with social workers and discharge planners regarding implementation of plan of care, as well as placements, legal issues, and psychological needs impacting patient treatment. The PCC will ensure that the discharge plan is ready when the patient is medically ready to transition to a lower level of care. The PCC validates the status of patients to ensure compliance with the Utilization Plan.
- Graduate of an accredited program of professional nursing
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in North Carolina or Compact state required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- Minimum of three years of applied clinical experience as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum one year hospital case management experience