We are looking for a Certified Wound Ostomy Nurse for Home Health Direct at St. Joseph Home Care Network.
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 80 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Days
We are offering a $10,000 Sign-On Bonus!!
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
The Certified Wound Ostomy Nurse coordinates and provides care in the home care setting to patients with ostomies, draining wounds, fistulas, pressure ulcers, acute and/or chronic wounds, and incontinence. Patient care will reflect the physician/agency/health system philosophy and high standards of nursing care for patients. The care includes providing hands-on care as well as education to the patient and PCG(s). Instructs nurses, physicians, and other health care team members in the care of patients with ostomies, draining wounds, fistulas, pressure ulcers, acute or chronic wounds, and incontinence. Performs related supply management and documentation tasks.
- Documents the full assessment and create a plan of care with accurate orders, diagnosis and projection of visits for all disciplines necessary to support each patient in EHR.
- Performs and documents nursing interventions including patient education according to the Plan of Care and adapts these actions as patient needs change.
- Documentation completed and synchronized/submitted by 10:00 am the following day.
- Documents patient status in an accurate, timely and concise manner by use of EHR in patient home at the time of visit.
- Utilizing the nursing process, initiates assessment, planning, and implementation of care; also instructs nursing personnel in the care of patients with ostomies, draining wounds, fistulas, pressure ulcers, acute and/or chronic wounds, and incontinence.
- Assists physicians in caring for patients with all of the above conditions, in addition to stoma sizing, teaching intermittent catheterization, and consultation.
- Provides comprehensive post-op care to patients and teaching to patients and their PCG(s) regarding care.
- Evaluates, selects, and recommends supplies and equipment for patients with ostomies, draining wounds, fistulas, pressure ulcers, acute and/or chronic wounds and incontinence.
- Documents patient care in accordance with home health standards and state and federal regulations.
- Attends patient care conferences and staff meetings as required; communicates patients’ special needs to appropriate health care team members.
- Serves as a consultant to nursing staff, physicians, and other health care team members related to his/her area of expertise.
- Provides in-service educational programs as needed to nurses, physicians, and other health care team members in cooperation with the Education Director.
- Keeps current in area of expertise by attending professional programs and participating in professional organizations.
- Attends scheduled meetings.
- Completes mandatory in-services by attendance and or designated timeframe.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to prioritize and critically think.
- Good understanding of computer software and can easily adapt to computer programs.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Time management.
- Flexibility to adapt to new and changing situations.
- Demonstrates customer service skills.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
- Completes necessary education to attain a Certified Wound Ostomy Nurse Certification.
Experience: 1 year Nursing experience.
- Current RN licensure.
- Current Certified Wound Ostomy Nurse (CWON).
- Basic Life Support.
- CA Driver’s license.
- Auto insurance.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
- 2 years Nursing experience.
- 1 year CWOCN (ET) experience.
- 1 year Home health experience.
Licenses/Certifications: Certified Wound Ostomy and Continence Nurse Certification (CWOCN).
St. Joseph Home Care Network (SJHCN) is a Home Health ministry of St. Joseph Health, serving three Northern California counties; Humboldt County, Napa County and Sonoma County.
Our networks of compassionate, highly skilled employees are dedicated to putting the patient first to improve the health of individuals and families in our community.
The Home Health caregivers assist in restoring a patient's optimal health and support the family by going into the home and ministering to the physical, psychological and spiritual needs of the patient and family members.
Our home care services are a literal representation of reaching out to our community to care for our dear neighbors.
Company: St. Joseph Home Care Network
Category: Emergency Nursing
Req ID: R339967