The Denver Hospice has an immediate opening for a Patient Team Assistant/LPN for the Central Team
Location: Denver, CO
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8-5
Pay Range: $22.98 - $28.61
Supplemental Pay: Based on position, schedule and/or availability: Paid Mileage/ Shift Differentials/ Stipends/ Overtime
Mileage and Expense Reimbursement: 50 cents per mile
Comprehensive Benefit Package:
- PTO (Vacation Pay and Sick Leave) and EIB (Extended Illness Bank) - Accrued
- 6 Paid Holidays with an additional Floating Holiday
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance – Company Paid
- Long-Term Disability – Company Paid
- Medical and Dental Coverages w/ Employer Contribution
- Supplemental Life & AD&D (Employee, Spouse, Child(ren))
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Care
- Legal and Identity Protection
- 403(b) Retirement Plan w/ Employer Match
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Referral and Certification Bonus Programs
- Early Wage Access
- Employer Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Program
The Patient Team Assistant (PTA) is responsible for supporting the clinical team by facilitating and coordinating communication. Supports departmental functions on a daily basis and supports problem resolution. Provides clerical/administrative support to clinical managers and is a resources in the rules/regulations that apply to hospice and strives towards continuous improvement and excellence. Support the mission, values and vision of hospice.
- Demonstrates the ability to contribute to the organization’s vision and mission, and protects confidentiality.
- Utilizes good customer service skills and supports the clinical hospice team for both patients and family members including intervention and mediation with patient/family in regards to complaints, service recovery, requests for cares.
- Performs several scheduling functions including: daily/weekly CNA scheduling for assigned teams, PTO/Sick Call coordination (may include contacting and redeploying staff), bi-annual holiday coverage schedule, monthly schedule, tracking of weekend day utilization, and daily on-call and afterhours schedule.
- Processes clinical supply and DME as directed by the Clinical Managers.
- Receives and transcribes MD/NP orders and conducts death notification.
- Provides clerical/administrative support to the Clinical Manager including prep/tear down of weekly interdisciplinary team (IDT) meeting materials. Generates various reports, performs other clerical duties including but not limited to: answering phones, typing letters, updating mailboxes and processing faxes.
- Supports the Clinical Manager as needed with data collection and report creation of team function. Tracks and transcribes information accurately. This may include: productivity, mileage audits, unverified documentation etc.
- Processes equipment requests/orders from field staff/managers/patients; determines appropriateness of requests, and communicates request to durable medical equipment (DME) company. Notifies DME Company of equipment pick-ups.
- Demonstrates proficiency with computers, copiers, fax machines and other standard office equipment.
- Uses effective organization, time-management and prioritization skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks from multiple sources in a busy setting with frequent interruptions.
- Performs LPN nursing visits as needed following the plan of care and within their scope of practice.
- Reviews care plan with patient/family and communicates with attending provider for medication and supply ordering. Provides nursing care based on patient/family goals to achieve life closure.
- Utilizes sound nursing judgement to handle telephone calls and triage as appropriate, and participates in other task force or committee work as assigned.
- Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing.
- Minimum Experience: Two (2) years as LPN; Hospice, hospital or SNF/AL experience preferred.
- Required License: Current Colorado LPN license. Valid Colorado driver’s license. Current CPR certification (for Pathways, The Denver Hospice and Pikes Peak affiliates). CPR must be provided and/or obtained within 14 days of hire.
- Ability to lift minimum of 50 lbs.
The Denver Hospice is affiliated with Care Synergy, a nonprofit network of community-based hospice and palliative care organizations serving Colorado’s Front Range and the Region’s Largest Home Health, Hospice, and Palliative Care Network. Care Synergy provides mission support services to better equip The Denver Hospice to operate as a distinct and independent organization while working together to share best practices and serve more Coloradans along the Front Range.
The Organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation/identity, transgender status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classifications.