The Clinical Team Leader performs direct patient care as the charge nurse and maintains a safe and therapeutic environment.
Your Job Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing: BSN required
- Completion of charge nurse training and competencies (if external hire, must complete within 90 days of hire).
- Current RN license in the State of Texas or compact license
- Clinical Course Certifications (BLS, ACLS, PALS, NRP, etc.) consistent with RN requirements for specific clinical area.
- Advanced Specialty Certification or agreement to obtain within 2 years (CCRN, CEN, RNC, etc.)
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Provides front line leadership and decision-making for departmental staff, ensuring the quality and integrity of care delivered.
- Develops plan for unit staffing based on patient acuity/care needs and oversees day to day operations on the designated shift.
- Monitors workflow and adjusts staffing accordingly to support fiscal goals of the unit.
- Coordinates and facilitates efficient patient flow for the unit. Ensures timely and efficient pull of patients being admitted to the unit as well as timeliness of discharging patients from the unit.
- Assists the manager in achieving and sustaining department and organizational objectives including but not limited to patient experience, length of stay, and unit/patient specific quality measures.
- Participates in department specific initiatives and process improvement projects.
- Participates in peer interviews and provide feedback for employee evaluations as requested by manager.
- Assists with occurrence investigations.
- Other duties as assigned.