We are looking for a Staff Nurse II - Petaluma Staff Nurse Partnership for the Med-Surg Department at NorCal HealthConnect.
$20,000 Sign-On Bonus for qualified candidates!
Location: Petaluma, CA
Work Schedule: Full time - 72 Biweekly hours
Shift: 12 hour, Days
Under the direction of the Department Manager, the Staff Nurse II independently uses the nursing process to safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of patients. Uses information from a variety of sources to assess, plan implement and evaluate the results of patient care.
• Assesses patients according to department standards and anticipates changes in patients’ status.
• Identifies obvious as well as subtle patient problems and/or abnormal assessments and appropriately reports and resolves.
• Develops plan of care based on age specific assessment.
• Involves patient and family and interdisciplinary resource to develop and revise plan of care.
• Uses action plans, goals and time frames to produce desired patient outcomes.
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age specific patient’s needs, including teaching and discharge planning. Documents care appropriately.
• Provides assistance to others in implementing complex care.
• Administers medications and treatments according to hospital policy and procedure and accepted standards of age specific care and department standards.
• Communicates effectively with physicians, patients and families within their age specific categories, providing necessary information from the patient, family, other nurses, physicians and allied health care professionals.
• Promotes a climate in which patients/families may act in their own interest and intervenes when they are unable to do so.
• Assesses, reassesses and evaluates patient response to care.
• Participates with patient/family and other healthcare provided in evaluation of patient outcomes.
• Promotes and enhances collaborative/caring relationships.
• Acts as a resource to team members.
• Supervises assigned staff members, based on knowledge of the person’s job description and scope of practice.
• Maintains a safe work environment by adhering to JCAHO, Title 22, hospital, departmental policies and procedures and other regulatory requirements.
• Demonstrates efficient use of time and resources by working within established budget parameters.
• Participates in identification and implementation of cost saving strategies.
• Demonstrates commitment to department objectives and standards and in collaboration with the nurse manager, participates in at least one activity, project, to help the department/hospital maintain high quality, cost effective workflow and service to patient.
• Maintains clinical competencies according to departmental standards.
• Demonstrates a commitment for self-growth and competency.
• Participates in the review process by identifying, developing and implementing goals and action plan with nurse manager.
• Demonstrates accountability for apprising self of hospital and department communications/information and changes in practice.
• Recognizes the importance of practice trends in nursing and participates in research/quality data collection.
• Assists in modifying/improving practice based on clinical findings and literature.
• Participates with the nurse manager in the development and implementation of department goals.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
Experience : 6 months of experience as a RN in a health care setting.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Education : Bachelor's Degree on Nursing.
Experience : One (1) year of Acute care experience.
Providence St. Joseph Health (Providence) has worked for decades to improve health and quality of life in California's North Bay region, starting in Sonoma County, where the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange opened the doors of Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital in 1950. Today, we continue the mission begun by the Sisters to those we serve through an integrated spectrum of primary, urgent, acute, outpatient, palliative care and regional referral services. Sonoma County facilities aligned with Providence include the 278-bed Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, the region's only Level II trauma center. In addition, the 80-bed Petaluma Valley Hospital and 43-bed Healdsburg Hospital are secular (non-religious) affiliates of Providence. Our services also encompass three Urgent Care centers, Hospice of Petaluma, Memorial Hospice and North County Hospice, the Annadel Medical Group doing business as St. Joseph Health Medical Group, as well as the St. Joseph Home Care Network (post-acute care services). We act as a regional referral hub for outlying hospitals, while also providing outpatient behavioral health care, education to promote health and prevent chronic disease, rehabilitation, oral health care, community benefit programs, and more, all fostering health and quality of life throughout the area.Providence provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Providence complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.Positions specified as "on call/per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.
Company: Sonoma County Entities
Category: Medical/Surgical Nursing
Req ID: R338568