Who We Are
Hillcrest Medical Center, the flagship hospital of Hillcrest Health Care System, is a 620-bed hospital among Oklahoma’s most widely respected and acclaimed hospitals, offering extraordinary care and a multitude of services in many areas including Oklahoma’s largest dedicated heart hospital.
After meeting our leadership team, you will learn how our Weight Loss Program within the HELP unit is powered by our purpose of caring for people – our patients, their families and one another. With great nurse-to-patient ratios and a strong clinical support team, we offer great learning opportunities to grow your career, while doing what you love most – caring for people. If you meet the minimum requirements below, enjoy work that is valued, has purpose and you want to join our team… please apply today.
What You’ll Do
Individuals within this job classification are accountable for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting patient care activities in accordance with HHS standards in order to deliver safe, efficient, effective and quality patient care. He/she is expected to adhere to and abide by the rules and regulations set forth by the Oklahoma Nursing Practice Act. The registered nurse in the HMR Weight Loss Program is a member of a multidisciplinary team that provides clients with a medically-supervised weight loss program. The RN will ensure adherence to the HMR® Weight Management program guidelines, perform patient assessments, organize patient’s appointments and program activities, educate patients and interact with the HMR team members.
- Communicates effectively and demonstrates ability to assess and interpret data as related to Risk Identification Reporting and Medication Variance Reporting.
- Demonstrates knowledge of cultural diversity, the ability to provide care and service and exhibit the communication skill necessary to interact effectively with the customer.
- Patient education:
a) Contributes medical perspective to pt teaching as part of multidisciplinary team.
b) Responds to teaching opportunities, enhancing pt safety, compliance as part of treatment.
c) Participate in introductory pt teaching to reinforce meal replacement prescription, side effects of dieting and program procedures.
- Patient Care:
a) Pre-screen applicants to determine contraindications for participation.
b) Perform clinical evaluations noting medical or social factors negatively impacting pt compliance.
c) Perform weekly pt evaluations through interview by physical assessment (BPs, labs, EKG’s).
d) Review charts, lab data to provide timely intervention as necessary to promote safety and compliance.
- Organization of Nursing and Medical Activities:
a) Schedule pt clinical evaluations, exam’s.
b) Monitor and maintain medical supplies and equipment.
c) Organize laboratory services
What You’ll Bring
- OK RN license
- ADN required
- 1-3 years of Nursing experience preferred
- BLS / ACLS required
- Position requires fluency in English language to function in job environment appropriately
- Good interpersonal, communication, team-work, and customer service skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and follow-through skills
- Ability to multi-task constantly, react to changes quickly/productively, and tolerate interruptions
- Ability to perform work when no directions are given
- Demonstrate knowledge of current computer systems, equipment or programs used in the organization, knowledge of Epic a plus!
- Demonstrate maturity and accountability
What We Offer
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with Company match
- Company paid basic life insurance and long term disability coverage
- Generous paid time off, including an additional extended illness bank
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Advancement and career development opportunities