Augusta Health is seeking a PRN Patient Observer.
Patient Observers observe patients that may be at risk for falls, violent or self-destructive behavior or other safety concerns. This is in an effort to keep patients safe using the least restrictive methods possible.
Patient Observers duties include:
- Providing ongoing observation of patients for safety
- Promptly refer patient requests to nursing staff, as appropriate.
- Monitor patient’s verbalizations and immediately inform nurse if patient expresses any idea or intention to hurt self/others or leave without permission.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Some benefits of working at Augusta Health include:
- Insurance package including health, dental, and vision
- Retirement savings helping you to plan for your future
- Generous paid time off to promote work life balance
- Free onsite parking
- 24/7 armed security to ensure your safety
- Shift and weekend differentials
- Flexible scheduling
- Clinical ladder career path program
- Shared governance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite child care
- Augusta Health Fitness Reimbursement Program
- Individualized orientation with dedicated preceptor
- Onsite credit union
- Employee discounts including the cafeteria, gift shop, pharmacy, and movie tickets
Augusta Health recruits, hires and promotes qualified candidates for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran or military discharge status, and family medical or genetic information.