You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as the Prior Authorization Registered Nurse.
You’re generous with your thoughts, your partnerships and especially your voice, because your opinion matters.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
System Services is our Corporate Headquarters in Broomfield, Colorado and is located within the Oracle campus. SCL Health is a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization dedicated to improving the well-being of the people we serve.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, we’ve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together we’ll align mission and careers, values and workplace. We’ll encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
We’ll laugh at each other’s jokes (even the bad ones). We’ll hello and high five. We’ll celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
We’re proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Prior Authorization RN you need to know how to:
· Ensure timely initiation and authorization requests while meeting national standards and contractual requirements.
· Prepare and compile necessary documentation to secure prior authorization for initiation and/or to obtain authorization for scheduled procedures.
· Perform clinical reviews of authorization requests using appropriate criteria.
· Provide accurate and complete documentation with rationale used to approve request.
· Collaborate with various staff within provider networks and care site business partners and care team to coordinate patient care.
· Equip and train prior authorization tech with needed resources.
This is a PRN / Contingent position.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
· Associate Degree in Nursing, required
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, preferred
· Active Registered Nurse License in the state of practice, required
· Minimum of four (4) years of clinical nursing experience, with a minimum of two (2) years of experience in acute clinical nursing setting, required
· Minimum of two (2) years of prior authorization experience, required
· Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA), preferred
· Knowledge of utilization management and case management principles, preferred
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Prior Authorization RN on our team we hope you’ll join us. At SCL Health you’ll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Currently working in a remote capacity. Candidate must live in the Front Range of CO. or near an SCL Health care site. Office is located in Broomfield, CO.