The Denver Hospice has an immediate opening for a Registered Nurse - Pediatric.
Location: Denver, CO
Hourly Pay Range: $32.55 - $40.53
Supplemental Pay: Based on position, schedule and/or availability: Paid Mileage/Shift Differentials/Stipends/Overtime
Mileage and Expense Reimbursement: 50 cents per mile
Comprehensive Benefit Package: PRN, who work as requested, not regularly scheduled, ineligible for benefits
Provides patient care using nursing skills and processes in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice, keeping within the policies, values and mission of the organization. The RN is a member of the Interdisciplinary Team/Group (IDT/IDG).
- Provides skilled nursing coordination of care to patients (neonates to geriatrics) as determined by the Plan of Care (POC). Uses education, mentoring, guidance and interventions to achieve goals of care.
- Collaborates across disciplines to coordinate patient care; participates in the POC in IDT/IDG meetings as assigned.
- Demonstrates appropriate nursing care, including communicating with attending provider for medications and supplies.
- Educates patients, families, caregivers and community regarding hospice philosophy and palliative treatments or home health, if applicable.
- Supervises Certified Nurse Aides (CNA); delegates specific tasks per agency policy.
- Participates in related services, such as community education, team training, staff/board committees and orientation of employees.
- Meets all the essential duties assigned to RNs
- Adapts care to meet the needs of patients at their place of residence including, but not limited to, the patients’ home, long-term care or assisted living facilities.
- Completes initial nursing assessment and provides ongoing comprehensive nursing care through medication, treatment, intervention and evaluation.
- Develops and maintains professional business relationships with facilities by providing excellent customer service to the patient, as well as the facility staff.
- Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred.
- Minimum Experience: One to two (1-2) years of experience in hospice and/or palliative care, medical/surgical, public health, oncology, acute care or home health.
- Required License: Current Colorado RN license. Valid Colorado state driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Current CPR certification (for Pathways, The Denver Hospice and Pikes Peak affiliates). CPR must be provided and/or obtained within 14 days of hire.
- Ability to lift/push/pull minimum of 50 lbs.
The Denver Hospice is affiliated with Care Synergy, a nonprofit network of community-based hospice and palliative care organizations serving Colorado’s Front Range and the Region’s Largest Home Health, Hospice, and Palliative Care Network. Care Synergy provides mission support services to better equip The Denver Hospice to operate as a distinct and independent organization while working together to share best practices and serve more Coloradans along the Front Range.
The Organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation/identity, transgender status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classifications.