Who We Are
Patient focused, community oriented, conveniently located and equipped with technology that rivals the nation’s most prestigious healthcare systems, Portneuf Medical Center offers a comprehensive and growing array of services delivered by caring and highly skilled medical professionals.
Our mission statement “World Class Care, every patient, every time” helps us focus on what truly matters: You. And our commitment is to make sure our patients receive amazing care every time they have contact with Portneuf Medical Center. The physicians, nurses and volunteers who are a part of the Portneuf family are your friends and neighbors. We're your community, your hospital and team, working hard for you.
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate RN Device Clinic Technician to join our team!
What You’ll Do
The RN Device Clinic Technician will be responsible to provide general clerical and clinical assistance to all members of the Medical Practice team. Assists the medical provider in the delivery of patient care and patient teaching according to clinic policies and protocols. This individual is under the supervision of the physician and immediate supervisor within the scope of the practice for arrhythmia technicians. Coordinates the Device Clinic. With Physician or Nurse Practitioner oversight, performs device interrogation, EKG’s, and other diagnostic services as needed. Retrieves patient device information and enters device information into the patient management systems. Assists with patient care and preparation. Coordinates and participates in Clinical trials and other research projects as needed. Proficient in department/hospital data management system. The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provides direct care to patients in accordance with existing protocols, policies, and procedures.
- Performs ECGs and is able to interpret ECGs, rhythm strips, and recognize specific abnormal heart rhythms and communicates finding s to physicians and/or Mid levels
- Device interrogation, recognizing abnormal rhythm and reporting, makes recommendations and makes changes to the device settings.
- Communicates with device clinical representatives in coordinating appropriate patient care
- Contributes to the assessment of patient’s health status by collecting, recording, and reporting objective and subjective data. Timely, consistently, and accurately documents all patient interactions.
- Performs patient education in regards to Cardiac Implanted Devices
- Answers phones and responds to messages in a timely manner. Communicates and interacts with all customers (patients, visitors, co-workers, administrative staff, and physicians) in a positive and supportive manner.
- Demonstrates efficiency and dependability with assigned job responsibilities and cross-trains, as appropriate, to assist other staff members in their job duties
What We Offer
Competitive pay and benefits package including Health/Dental/Vision/401(k) match. Generous paid time off, holidays, extended illness bank, paid basic life insurance and long term disability. Portneuf Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
What You'll Bring:
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Idaho.
- BLS & ACLS certification required
- 2 years experience preferred.
- Commitment to the team problem solving approach using a patient-focused model.