We are looking for a Nurse Extern to join our Intensive Care Unit (ICU) team in Albuquerque, NM.
This PRN job is located at Lovelace Women’s Hospital, the first and only hospital in New Mexico dedicated to women’s health, offers a 53-bed advanced neonatal intensive care unit, a natural birthing center, an award-winning breast care center and the first robotic surgery program in the state recognized as a Center of Excellence in Robotic Surgery by Surgical Review Corporation.
Nurse Extern Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing technical procedures as authorized under the direction of an RN and/or Nurse Manager.
- In addition, performs basic nursing assistant responsibilities.
- Adheres to policies, procedures, and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety.
Nurse Extern Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent; Must be enrolled an Accredited Nursing program with an anticipating completing the program within 12 months from date of hire
- Desired: Completion of approve nursing assistant course
- One (1) year of previous job related experience
- Current BLS
- Technical Training: Medical Technology, Anatomy, and Physiology
- Ability to maintain accuracy, consistency, and confidentiality
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Strong customer service skills
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant® (IBCLC) Care Award, 2020
- “A” grade from Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, 2019-2020
- Healthgrades 2020 Specialty Excellence Awards: Pulmonology Care Excellence, 2020; Patient Safety Excellence, 2018
- New Mexico Hospital Association/American Hospital Association Quest for Excellence Award, 2019
- 2018 MOREOB Recognition Award for commitment and outstanding performance in the application of knowledge and teamwork through their involvement with the MOREOB ™ quality improvement program
- Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Breast Centers, 2015-2021
- Women’s Choice Award for America’s Best Hospitals for Patient Safety, 2016-2019
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.