BSA Urgent Care is open 7 days of the week from 8am – 8 pm. Closed Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter. Urgent Care is a clinic, part of BSA Health System to care for patients with non life threatening medical emergencies. Urgent Care Clinic is exclusive to electronic health records (E.H.R) with no paper charts. Employees must be able to navigate project management and electronic medical records.
Assists with daily clinic operations in an urgent care setting, including assessing patients, answering nurse calls, patient triage, medication administration, and a wide variety of duties, as needed.
- Current RN or LVN licensure by the Texas State Board of Nursing
- Current BLS certification
- Preference will be given to individuals with previous similar clinic experience
- Previous job experience in delivering exceptional customer service
- Must exhibit desire to exemplify the BSA culture, including the BSA Mission, Vision and the BSA Way.
- Good positive, customer focused interpersonal and business telephone skills
- Position requires fluency in English language to function in job environment appropriately
- Good organizational and follow-through skills
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and adapt to rapidly changing situations
- Must be able to quickly evaluate and prioritize requests of staff and physicians
- Ability to deal with employees, patients, physicians and visitors in stressful situations
- Must be well versed in HIPAA laws and keep patient documentation and information confidential
- Ability to multi-task constantly and tolerate interruptions
- Ability to function in an occasionally hostile environment with patients/customers who are ill or hurt
- Must be willing to work as part of a cohesive medical team to care for patients and deliver exceptional customer service