Providence is calling a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (Hospice Sound, Day Shift, 1.0) to Providence Hospice and Home Care in Shelton, Washington. Hospice nurses will tell you what a privilege it is to care for patients and their families at the end of their lives. We get to see people where they reside and focus on their goals and improving the quality of their lives. If you are interested in a rewarding career, Providence Hospice might be the opportunity you are looking for! We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Offering a $5,000.00 sign on bonus to any new, external candidate hired into this position.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our ModernHire system.
In this position you will:
• Provides LPN level hospice nursing services as established by the RN.
• Observes and provides data and observation used by the RN to develop a Plan of Care.
• Implements nursing interventions based on the Plan of Care and Hospice policies and procedures.
• Anticipates disease progression and implications for symptom management.
• Informs patient and family as appropriate of current and anticipated changes in patient condition.
• Instructs patient and family in all aspects of care and end of life.
• Responsible, with assistance from the MSW, for understanding patients’ insurance benefits and managing care in a cost effective manner.
• Evaluates and documents patient and family response to interventions.
• Documents LPN observations, interventions, and communications accurately and timely according to established standards.
• Manages assigned caseload and communicates changes in Plan of Care to RN as appropriate or requested.
• Contributes to overall Hospice team function through effective time management and communication; utilizes critical clinical thinking and problem-solving skills to address team issues.
• Responsible for maintaining awareness of professional Scope of Practice and Hospice Conditions of Participation.
• Adheres to Sound Hospice and other Providence policies and procedures, and applicable regulations.
• Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement activities; identifies related issues and implements recommended changes as appropriate.
• Other duties as assigned
Required qualifications for this position include:
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence SoundHomeCare and Hospice, in Olympia, Washington, is a home health and hospice ministry serving patients in their places of residence throughout Mason, Lewis and Thurston counties in Washington state. Our team brings the Providence tradition of excellence into the home setting, and work together with physicians, patients, family members and insurance providers to meet each patient's unique needs. Providence SoundHomeCare and Hospice is a non-profit, state licensed and Medicare certified agency.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: LPN/LVN
Req ID: 305750