Who We Are
Patient focused, community oriented, conveniently located and equipped with technology that rivals the nation’s most prestigious healthcare systems, Portneuf Medical Center offers a comprehensive and growing array of services delivered by caring and highly skilled medical professionals.
Our mission statement “World Class Care, every patient, every time” helps us focus on what truly matters: You. And our commitment is to make sure our patients receive amazing care every time they have contact with Portneuf Medical Center. The physicians, nurses and volunteers who are a part of the Portneuf family are your friends and neighbors. We're your community, your hospital and team, working hard for you.
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate RN Service Line Lead to join our team!
What You’ll Do
The RN Service Line Lead will acts as a resource nurse in a leadership role to address clinical performance, outcomes, patient satisfaction, physician satisfaction and costs within the service line. In collaboration with the nurse educator, assures educational activities and staff development programs are planned and implemented for patient populations and service needs. Accountable for coordinating care and ensuring continuity in the provision of quality total patient care to the patients within that service line in accordance with hospital and licensure guidelines. Responsible for patient care problems, referring any unusual situations or patient condition to the physician and/or Nurse Manager/Director. Communicates with surgeons on a daily basis to ensure continuity of care.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Demonstrates knowledge and appropriate use of the Nursing Process for patients in the following age groups: Infants, Pediatrics, Adolescents, Adults, and Geriatrics.
- Ability to conduct a needs assessment for various disciplines of staff and works collaboratively with educator and manger to create a learning plan to resolve any apparent deficiencies.
- The ability to document thoroughly, following regulatory and hospital requirements and teach appropriate documentation to staff.
- Assists in training and developing nursing staff and ensure all deadlines have been met or communicated to director/manager.
- In collaboration with the Perioperative program acts as a lead within the service line to promote continuous quality improvement and quality assurance efforts, including audits to validate efforts. Resposible for leading and promoting the departmental goals.
- Responsible for identifing equipment and soft supply needs required for surgical cases in advance of the scheduled case. Oversees ordering and procurement of special service equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated clinical/technical competency. Promotes staff and patient satisfaction.
- When required takes clinical call.
What You’ll Bring
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Idaho.
- Prefer a minimum of two years of circulating experience. Prefer a minimum of one year experience in the service line.
- BLS and ACLS required