Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) Behavioral Health (Home Health Spokane Vna, Days, 1.0) to SCS Home Health in Spokane, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern system.
In this position you will:
- Maintains homecare standards of nursing care and provides care in accordance with policies and procedures. Possesses current clinical skills and demonstrates broad scope of clinical knowledge
- Performs comprehensive behavioral health evaluations of mental status, mood and behavior.
- Arrange for nursing visit if needed. Provide follow-up communication to other Home Health staff regarding patient/family needs.
- Evaluates the patient’s psychiatric nursing needs on a regular basis and the prevention and rehabilitative procedures appropriate for the patient’s care and safety.
- Develops and revises a written Behavioral Health plan of care under the direction of the physician and progress reports.
- Documents psychiatric nursing assessments and interventions in a professional manner to meet department and hospital standards, State and Federal Regulation; documents skilled services.
- Coordinates and evaluates patient care that includes interdisciplinary services, treatments, diagnostics and preventative procedures with other members of the multi-disciplinary team and with physicians.
- Acts as clinical case manager for behavioral health patients. Conferences with team members. Schedules and tracks RN visits to occur as physician orders. Assures that orders match services provided.
- Teaches, supervises and counsels the patient and caregivers regarding psychiatric nursing care and other related problems of the patient in the home. Provides education regarding psychotropic medication, health teaching, and anticipatory guidance to patients and their families. Documents teaching and/or delegation in patient’s record.
- Participates in orientation of team members to the agency.
- Reports acute medical problems, condition changes including changes in social condition and environment to attending physician. Updates the physician at least every 60 days.
- Demonstrates competency in skills and knowledge pertinent to the practice of a registered nurse. Performs procedures and treatments according to accepted department standards.
- Attends mandatory meetings. Participates in activities which maintain/enhance professional expertise and clinical skills (continuing education courses, workshops, in-service presentations, professional group involvement, self-study, literature review, mentoring other staff). Shares learning with peers.
- Adjusts daily schedule according to workload.
- Supports teamwork within the department.
- Provides written instruction to and supervises the assigned Home Health Aide.
- Precepts students assigned by the supervisor providing clinical instruction, clinical supervision of care provided and administrative follow-up and coordination. Participates in the orientation of new homecare staff members by orienting them to the unique clinical practice of their discipline in the home setting.
- Continually evaluates the quality of one’s nursing practice by identifying areas of strength and limitation, accepting responsibility for competent actions and judgment, and understanding legal consequences of nursing actions.
- Complies with all applicable Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, and requirements as well as facility specific policies and procedures. In addition, all employees who have contact with patients are expected to promote the Patients Bill of Rights and Responsibilities and understand the basic procedures for receiving and documenting grievances in order to initiate the appropriate process for participant concerns.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient demographics, medical and financial information at all times. Maintain confidentiality of all company and patient information. Ensure proper handling and disposal of confidential documents and adheres to all HIPAA rules and regulations.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures including regulatory requirements with regard to infection control, practicing universal precautions, sanitation, and safety and disaster preparedness.
- Maintains agency productivity standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Education sufficient for licensure
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Washington required.
- Current Washington State Driver's license.
- Automobile insurance.
- Current Healthcare Provider CPR certification.
- Current ANCC certification of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- 3 years to five (3-5) years in Acute care or community behavioral health setting.
- Community behavioral health and geriatric experience.
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence VNA Home Health is a not-for-profit, home health ministry serving patients in their places of residence in the greater Spokane community of Washington state. We provide health care for patients of all ages who have a temporary condition such as post-surgical care, or are recovering from or living with a chronic condition. Our skilled and compassionate team includes nurses, medical social workers, home health aides, registered dietitians, occupational/physical/speech therapists, and pharmacists.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Home Health Nursing
Location: Washington-Spokane Valley
Req ID: 303646