Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse (0.75 FTE, Day ) to work in Cancer Treatment Center at Swedish Ballard in Seattle, WA.
The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care adapted to individual patient needs based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation. This position is accountable and responsible on a continuing basis for providing infusions (including chemotherapy and biologic therapy), blood products, and procedures to the ambulatory patient at the direction of a physician. The RN is responsible for the organization and collaboration of care between the physician's clinic and the SCI Treatment Center. This is accomplished through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
In this position you will:
- Collects pertinent assessment data that includes present condition, past history, physical, spiritual and psychosocial information utilizing input from patient, significant other, and/or healthcare tem members as applicable. Interprets data to identify the patient’s needs and potential problems.
- Develops, reviews, and revises an individualized care plan within the time frame identified in documentation standards. Establishes expected outcomes that are measurable and achievable.
- Evaluates patient’s response to care and initiates independent and/or collaborative changes where appropriate. Documents changes in condition and response to interventions.
- Utilizes nursing process to incorporate teaching into delivery of patient care. Documents teaching and learning.
- Maintains annual clinical and institutional competencies.
- Delivers patient care based on pathophysiology and nursing principles. Performs technical skills with accuracy and efficiency. Establishes and adjusts priorities based on patient acuity and changing clinical situations.
- Recognizes the patient’s age as a relevant factor and applies appropriate decision making skills in the assessment, treatment, and care provided to the patient.
- Communicates effectively with patient, families, physicians and coworkers. Is a patient advocate. Utilizes resources effectively.
- Documents complete and accurate information on all appropriate chart forms and computer applications in a timely manner. Assures appropriate billing of services provided.
- Delegates, effectively utilizing the skill level of the department members, respecting and supporting their input.
- Provides nursing care to patients receiving assessment, treatment, and supportive care for cancer utilizing the nursing process: assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Provides nursing care to outpatients requiring hydration, medication infusions, chemotherapy, blood products, and procedures utilizing the nursing process: assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
- Provides and documents patient and family education recognizing the relevance of the patient’s age, growth, and developmental stage. Participates in the education of professional colleagues.
- Participates in department quality improvement activities.
- Demonstrates support for the Swedish Cancer Institute mission, vision, values, and goals.
- Participates in continuing education of self and other staff members.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire or equivalent educ/experience
- 1 year of current oncology, or infusion oncology nursing experience, preferably in an acute care facility.
- Current Washington State Registered Nursing license required.
- Successful completion of the Fundamentals of Chemotherapy Immunotherapy Administration, required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required at time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN).
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing upon hire.
- Outpatient clinic experience.
- Oncology Certified Nurse preferred.
- IV Therapy certification preferred.
About the Ballard Campus
Swedish's Ballard campus maintains its strong ties to the Ballard community and fosters a team-oriented work environment. The Ballard campus has an active obstetrics program and a full-service Emergency Department. It is the site of Swedish’s Addiction Recovery Services — one of the few hospital-based drug- and alcohol-treatment programs in Seattle.
Outpatient clinic experience
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
Our Mission is to improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Our Vision is Health for a Better World.
Swedish is the largest not-for-profit health care system in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); emergency rooms and specialty center in Redmond (East King County) and the Mill Creek area in Everett; and Swedish Medical Group, a network of more than 128 primary care and specialty care locations throughout the greater Puget Sound area. Swedish employs nearly 13,000 caregivers (all employees), including nearly 1,400 providers. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Nursing - Other
Work Locations: Ballard Main Bldg (WA148) 5300 Tallman Ave Nw Seattle, 98107
Req ID: 304123