We are looking for a Hospice Registered Nurse II for Hospice Direct at St. Joseph Home Care Network.
Location: Napa, CA
Work Schedule: Part time - 48 Biweekly Hours
Shift: 8-hour, Evenings (Variable/Swing shift)
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire system.
The Hospice Registered Nurse provides prescribed nursing care service to Hospice patients and their families in a home setting, Respite Care Facility (RCFE) or a skilled nursing facility setting.
- Demonstrate ability to document the full assessment and create a plan of care with accurate orders, diagnosis and projection of visits for all disciplines necessary to support each patient.
- Demonstrate understanding and competency in workflows, problem charting, interventions and accuracy of input by review of POC at each visit.
- Demonstrate understanding of the relationship of clinician schedule and the time log to validate clinician’s day and verify accuracy of hours reported and processed to payroll.
- Demonstrate the ability to gather patient data to enter in the electronic medical record for the QAPI, including vital signs, unusual occurrence reports, ESAS, falls and wound care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in performing baseline-nursing skills. Maintains clinical competencies according to network policies.
- Administers all medications and treatments according to network policy and procedure, accepted standards of care and network guidelines.
- Communicates effectively with patients, families and physicians.
- Performs accurate assessments, develops and implements a written Plan of Care with the patient following physician's orders and according to Hospice guidelines.
- Performs and documents nursing interventions including patient education according to the Plan of Care and adapts these actions as patient needs change.
- Addresses patient needs and problems, nursing intervention and patient response, safety interventions and education and teaching.
- Effectively establishes priorities and delegates responsibilities appropriately when supervising the LVN and the CHHA.
- Participation in interdisciplinary conferences/team meetings as requested by clinical manager.
- Makes visits as scheduled and participates in on-call rotation as required.
- Advanced communication skills (verbal and written).
- Time management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of end of life care.
Minimum Position Requirements:
Education: Complete necessary education to attain RN Licensure in state of California.
Experience: 1 year Professional nursing experience.
- Current California RN license.
- CA Driver's License.
- Current automobile liability insurance.
- Current Basic Life Support.
Preferred Position Qualifications:
Experience: 1 year Hospice Registered Nurse experience.
Licenses/Certifications: Hospice/Palliative Care Nurse certification
St. Joseph Home Care Network (SJHCN) is a Home Health ministry of St. Joseph Health, serving three Northern California counties; Humboldt County, Napa County and Sonoma County.
Our networks of compassionate, highly skilled employees are dedicated to putting the patient first to improve the health of individuals and families in our community.
The Home Health caregivers assist in restoring a patient's optimal health and support the family by going into the home and ministering to the physical, psychological and spiritual needs of the patient and family members.
Our home care services are a literal representation of reaching out to our community to care for our dear neighbors.
Company: St. Joseph Home Care Network
Category: Hospice Nursing
Req ID: R335824