Grady Health System offers many career paths for Registered Nurses. Whether you have many years of experience or are in the early stages on your nursing career, you can find a rewarding nursing position at Grady!
Periop 101 Program - Experienced Registered Nurse or New Graduate
This program is designed for all new BSN/MSN nurse graduates with less than 1 year of experience of RN experience and Experienced RN's with a minimum of 2 year or Nursing experience. All participants must be licensed in the state of Georgia by the program start date. If you will be graduating after December 31st, please monitor our website for future program offerings.
The Nurse must successfully pass the Perioperative 101 mandatory requirements including:
- Successful completion of the AORN Periop 101 final exam with a minimum average of 80%
- within two attempts. Must pay for their own test for the 3rd attempt.
- Successful completion of lab skills check offs with a passing score of 90%.
- Successful completion of a scrub skills check-off test with a passing score of 90%.
- Successful completion of all service line orientation as evidenced by direct observations and documentation.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Georgia License as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support Health Care Provider Card required.
- RN New Graduate with less than One (1) year of experience or Experienced RN with at least Two (2) years of experience in clinical specialty.
- Passing score on medication exam before conclusion of orientation.
- ADN/BSN (BSN strongly preferred as minimal degree for external New Grads)
- ADN or BSN for internal/external experienced RN’s
- Graduate Nurse with NCLEX taken or scheduled
- Current GA Registered Nurse
- No Operating Room nursing experience (or within the last 5 years)
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.