Pathways Hospice has an immediate opening for a Social Worker.
Location: Ft. Collins, CO
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8-5
Pay Range: $24.68 - $33.11
Supplemental Pay: Based on position, schedule and/or availability: Paid Mileage, Shift Diffs, Stipends, Overtime
Mileage and Expense Reimbursement: 50 cents per mile
Comprehensive Benefit Package: Full Time benefit eligible scheduled 30 hours or more.
- PTO (Vacation Pay and Sick Leave) and EIB (Extended Illness Bank) - Accrued
- 6 Paid Holidays with an additional Floating Holiday
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance – Company Paid
- Long-Term Disability – Company Paid
- Medical and Dental Coverages w/ Employer Contribution
- Supplemental Life & AD&D (Employee, Spouse, Child(ren))
- Short-Term Disability
- Long-Term Care
- Legal and Identity Protection
- 403(b) Retirement Plan w/ Employer Match
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Referral and Certification Bonus Programs
- Early Wage Access
- Employer Assistance Program
- Employee Recognition Program
Provides clinical psychosocial support to patient and family/caregiver in accordance with patient preferences, goals, and needs. The position works collaboratively with the Interdisciplinary Team/Group (IDT/IDG) as well as with facilities and agencies in the community.
- Completes initial and on-going psychosocial and bereavement assessment of patient and family/caregiver to include the patient’s history, ethnic background, cultural and religious beliefs and the implications for the Plan of Care (POC).
- Establishes goals based on assessment and mutual agreement with patient and family/caregiver. Serves as an additional primary contact for IDG/IDT collaboration and advocate for patient/family and other providers.
- Identifies potential bereavement resources for patient and family/caregivers to assist in coping with loss, aging and death. Assesses and assists patients with advanced directives and care planning.
- Evaluates patient/family psychosocial needs and individual/family counseling as part of the Plan of Care (POC). Delivers appropriate referrals to community resources such as financial assistance, legal aid, housing and/or education.
- Communicates risk indicators to bereavement services as appropriate. Assists RN Case Manager with development of a comprehensive transfer and/or discharge plan in collaboration with patient, family, staff and referral agencies.
- Utilizes knowledge of disease processes; skilled in assessing impact on patient and family dynamics and psychosocial wellbeing.
- Minimum Education: Master’s degree in social work from an accredited school of Social Work.
- Minimum Experience: One (1) year of social work experience in a health care setting.
- Required License: Current Colorado Social Worker license (LSW or LCSW) preferred. MSW must be willing to work towards licensure. Current CPR certification based on individual affiliate requirements. Valid Colorado state driver’s license and proof of auto insurance.
- Ability to lift/push/pull minimum of 30 lbs.
Pathways Hospice is affiliated with Care Synergy, a nonprofit network of community-based hospice and palliative care organizations serving Colorado’s Front Range and the Region’s Largest Home Health, Hospice, and Palliative Care Network. Care Synergy provides mission support services to better equip Pathways Hospice to operate as a distinct and independent organization while working together to share best practices and serve more Coloradans along the Front Range.
The Organization does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, creed, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation/identity, transgender status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classifications.