Incumbent will assume responsibility and accountability for Surgery Center surgical patients. Provides care to these patients via the nursing process, the development and application of leadership, teaching of patients and staff. Maintains professional standards, and communicates with other health care team members. The Clinical nurse II has basic knowledge of all surgical specialties and can function independently as a circulating nurse and/or scrub nurse in the operating room.
· Recent circulating and scrub experience as a Registered Nurse in an operating room in an acute care facility.
· Ability to use and apply effective communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
· Ability to use age appropriate principles to surgical patients. Ability to work independently.
· 2 year or greater of OR experience (required not knockout on internal)
· Completion of Periop 101 preferred
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a BSN or MSN degree required. Current and valid California RN license required. Current BLS from the American Heart Association or American Red Cross required. Official Transcripts and/or original diploma from a registered nursing program must be provided upon hire
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.