Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text message with some additional questions for you to answer from our Modern Hire system.
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) Clinic Triage (Urgent Care Center, Days, 0.9 FTE) to Providence Medical Group in Walla Walla, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Consistently demonstrate adherence to the principles and requirements outlined in the Commitments and Compliance Integrity Program and any other organization or departmental materials related to compliance with laws, regulatory requirements.
- Consistently demonstrate adherence to Medicare and Medicaid regulations which directly or indirectly relate to the performance and job expectations.
- Employee demonstrate knowledge of PSMMC/PMG’s policy on Patients Rights and Responsibilities and respects these rights and responsibilities in carrying-out daily activities.
- Actively participate in departmental and organization performance improvement activities.
- Demonstrate leadership by performing his/her work in a manner that meets or exceeds the level of care and service that PSMMC/PMG promotes to the communities we serve.
- Participate in organizational and department specific practices to maintain a clean, safe and comfortable environment for patients and staff.
- Adhere to safety precautions including hazardous wastes and proper sharps disposal; uses personal protective equipment according to organization standards.
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of data and information used in performance of his/her daily duties conforming to organization policy, laws and regulations as appropriate.
- Follow established policies and procedures to identify and reduce the risks of acquiring or transmitting infection.
- Maintain positive working relationships and fosters a cooperative work environment.
- Communicate effectively with patients, providers and staff in a professional manner.
- Provide clear, concise, pertinent reports/information.
- Document interventions and evaluations of care accurately, objectively and timely.
- Receive, transcribe, verify and carries out provider orders accurately and timely.
- Contribute to the assessment of the patient by collecting information for an analysis by an MD.
- Complete accurate vital signs. Completes delegated patient care activities per licensure and documents and reports variations.
- Obtain and documents height and weight.
- For the ages listed, screens, assesses, monitors and documents:
- Physical assessment
- Growth and Development
- Collect patient health information
- Identify individual presenting problems
- Recognize and report signs/symptoms of abuse and neglect for all ages of patients served
- Implement with Providers the patient plan of care to include patient problems, goals, evaluations and interventions.
- Incorporate cultural, educational and developmental needs into plan of care.
- In collaboration with the patient/family, implements the plan of care.
- Follow age specific standards, policies and procedures and standards of care in administering medications to patients per licensure.
- Demonstrate ability to take emergency action as required.
- Report symptoms and significant changes in patients’ conditions to MD.
- Provide for safety needs of patients.
- Accurately transcribes and implements provider orders per licensure.
- Use age specific standards, policies and procedures and guidelines to conduct the educational activities listed below:
- Collect data regarding patient/family learning needs, abilities, preferences and readiness to learn.
- Utilize a collaborative interdisciplinary process to provide appropriate patient/family education.
- Utilize appropriate teaching methods and/or referrals to ensure patient/family educational needs are met.
- Document patient/family education when appropriate.
- Identify appropriate community resources for follow-up care.
- Report and documents any unusual patient or administrative occurrence that may have an effect on the patient’s and/or staff’s wellbeing.
- Handle conflicts and concerns. Seeks resolution in a timely and professional manner.
- Work effectively as part of the department/unit team to facilitate department’s ability to meet goals and objectives and maintain patient flow.
- Participate in quality improvement activities.
- Perform quality control monitoring (i.e., One Touch II).
- Delegate tasks appropriately.
- Evaluate care provided by Medical Assistant.
- Ensure effective use of supplies/equipment – minimizes supply wastage. Documents and charges appropriately for services and supplies used.
- Ensure effective use of facilities. Promptly reports facility maintenance issues to appropriate personnel.
- Is knowledgeable of unit functions and nursing care and shares this knowledge with others.
- Welcome and encourage new staff members and students.
- Ensure effective use of time organizers and prioritizes care for optimal time management.
- HUMAN RESOURCES:
- Employee completes all tasks and duties accurately and timely within assigned shift. Demonstrates initiative to perform job duties autonomously.
- Attend mandatory and other education offerings per department and organizational requirements. May assist with education within the department.
- JOB SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS:
- Take initiative in assisting other members of care delivery team.
- Utilize information gathered from other sources (ER, OPC, HH) for follow up care.
- Accept objective suggestions for improved performance.
- Demonstrate self-motivation by independently following through with assigned committee activities.
- Document critical incidents when necessary to provider and supervisor.
- Attend department staff meetings.
- Demonstrate ability to navigate and successfully utilize Epic.
- Document patient care accurately, effectively and timely in Epic.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associate's Degree in Nursing, from an accredited school.
- Current licensure in the State of Washington as a registered nurse.
- Current BLS – Healthcare Provider (must be AHA accredited).
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- One (1) year as an RN in an Outpatient Setting.
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence Medical Group is the largest medical group in Walla Walla, serving greater Walla Walla in southeast Washington state. Our internists, family practitioners, specialists and staff strive to create a distinctive health care experience for each patient – one focused on trust, respect, communication and teamwork.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Advice Nursing
Location: Washington-Walla Walla
Req ID: 300787