- BONUS and RELOCATION available for qualified candidates
We are looking for a Charge Registered Nurse to join our Emergency Room Team in Albuquerque, NM.
This full time job is located at Lovelace Medical Center, in the heart of Albuquerque, is an acute care hospital providing comprehensive care, including around-the-clock emergency care, surgical services, non-invasive robotic spine surgery, cardiology, stroke care, radiology and oncology services, including the state’s only Gamma Knife Center for non-invasive radiologic brain surgery.
Charge Registered Nurse Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible and accountable for the practice of Professional Nursing, including leadership of the patient care and staff during assigned shifts, for the department in his/her charge.
- Supports the mission, values, goals and strategic direction of the unit, hospital and system.
- Manages efficient patient flow, appropriate use of supplies and other operational functions.
- Collaborates with the unit managers and/or directors in developing and revising unit policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Serves as departmental liaison and first line of contact with patients, providers and staff.
- Adheres to policies and procedures and regulations to ensure compliance and patient safety.
- Leads day to day operations in achievement of department goals.
Charge Registered Nurse Education and Experience Requirements:
- Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing, RN program required
- BSN preferred
- Valid NM Nursing license or NM compact license (within 90 days of hire)
- Current BLS; required certifications for the area of practice
- National certification in area of clinical specialty preferred
- One year of clinical leadership experience preferred
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Top Teaching Hospital, 2020
- “A” grade from Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade, 2019, Fall 2020
- Healthgrades 2020 Specialty Excellence Awards: Pulmonology Care Excellence, 2020; America’s 100
- Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work, 2016- 2019
- U.S. News & World Report “Best Hospitals,” 2019
- Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care, 2019; America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention, 2019
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association “Get with the Guidelines” Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award, 2012-2019 (Target Honor Roll - Elite Plus, 2019-2021)
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Target: Stroke Honor Roll since 2012
Lovelace is a drug-free employer with smoke free campuses.