Advancing Healthcare Together – The Future of Healthcare is in Topeka Kansas
Why The University of Kansas Health System St. Francis
Our People. Our people truly are our greatest strength. They make a massive difference in the amazing care we provide every day. We work closely together to create a positive experience for our patients and each other.
Our Purpose. We will build on your experience and provide meaningful and purposeful career growth for your future. You will have the opportunity every day to make a difference in someone’s life and change the course of healthcare.
Our Place. St. Francis Campus is proud to be a part of a long legacy of high-quality, compassionate care. For more than 100 years, the hospital has combined compassionate care with lifesaving technological advancements to our patients and the communities served. Today, the hospital has 378 licensed beds, a history of technological advancements, and a generous and supportive community.
Our St. Francis hospital is seeking an experienced Charge Nure for our Telemetry Unit. We are looking for your experience, knowledge and patient care skills where you will be responsible for:
The Charge Nurse manages the shift operations of a specified clinical area, including coordination of patient care, supervision of a professional team which includes nursing staff and other staff as appropriate, and troubleshooting of problem areas. Ensures adherence to hospital and department policies and procedures. Reports to the Director or designee.
1) Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation and evaluation.
2) Clearly communicates, both orally and in writing, to foster staff and patient understanding of treatment plan
3) Sensitive to the patient's needs such as physical, spiritual, and emotional and evaluates response to the delivery of care.
4) Supports and promotes the organizational priorities.
5) Effectively manages department/patient activities in a time efficient manner to ensure the delivery of care is well-organized and proficient.
6) Provides quality customer service to patients, families, coworkers, and other members of the interdisciplinary health care team to create a professional and respectful environment.
7) Role models leadership qualities and behaviors. Motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
Now that you have read about what you will be doing and the experience we seek, it is time to apply and make a difference in the lives of our patients.
The St. Francis Campus is fully accredited by the joint Commission. We also have the following notable accreditations and certifications:
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center Certification
- Inpatient Rehab Stroke Certification
- Chest Pain Accreditation, by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, by the American College of Radiology
- (CoC) Accreditation
-BSN or 4 year degree
-Current Kansas RN Licensure; BLS Certified
-Minimum of 2 years staff nurse experience
-Computer skills to include MS Office
-Certification of specialty preferred, ACLS (Unit Specific), PALS/NRP for Peds/NLC.