The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) performs patient care in support of the rest of the care team. Is Often the first point-of-contact for the patient and the one who is available for regular check-in with the patient. This role is important in relaying information between the patient and the provider.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Assists with and performs patient care including collection of patient information, accurate reading and documentation of vital signs, and recording input and output activities and treatments on the EMR.
2. Responsible for coordination of the daily patient flow and schedule in order to optimize patient care, safety and satisfaction includes preparing rooms for exams and procedures.
3. Demonstrates the ability to work with providers by accurately receiving and implementing instructions and orders.
4. Demonstrates clinical knowledge in all patient types and age groups to meet patient care needs/outcomes within the practice.
5. Performs various office procedures such as scheduling, admitting, and discharging of patients.
6. Maintains diagnostic and medication logs as required by policy. Documents patient care services accurately in patient and department records.
7. Protects patients and employees by assisting in maintaining a clean, safe working environment, and adhering to infection control policies and protocols.
8. Displays cultural competency and ability to work with diverse patient populations.
9. Assists in maintain a clean, safe patient care environment. Assists in cleaning patient rooms, equipment, and maintains cleanliness of areas around patient areas.
10. Accurately documents and collects data such as vital signs and PreOp checklist information.
11. Role models the principles of a Just Culture and Organizational Values.
12. Perform other duties as assigned. Must be HIPAA compliant.
One year of experience as a Medical Assistant preferred
One of the following is required:
Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA)
Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) by American Medical Technologist (AMT)
National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) by the National Center for Competency Testing
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) by the National Healthcare Association
Medical Assistant Certification (MAC) by the American Medical Certification Association
Basic Life Support (BLS) by American Heart Association required.
For Medical Assistants: Completion of a Medical Assistant Training program for positions hired after 09/15/2018 required